Strange Channels with CE

For those in the chicago area directv is testing WTTW. PBS HD I hear audio wich is a good sign that we will see it fire up soon. All of these channels are now gone out of my guide so im rebooting again to see if there are other goodies. CW hd is already available to subs (WGN)

Try rebooting again use the button near the smartcard.

I have rebooted about 20 times over the past week and have not had any issues (other then seeing these hidden channels)

My unit keeps freezing the picture while sound keeps playing, the only way to watch TV again is to reboot it. I can power off and on by remote but when the screen comes on I see the frozen picture or a grey screen.

Yea everything is gone.. im waiting to see if i get vod back within the hour. It sounds like the unit went into panic mode and reformatted my HD. Dont know if i lost timers too. I think i did though.

My unit keeps freezing the picture while sound keeps playing, the only way to watch TV again is to reboot it. I can power off and on by remote but when the screen comes on I see the frozen picture or a grey screen.

I think that's an issue with the latest CE for some people. I don't think it's a problem on the national release.

The 101 MPEG4 HD does look good, I have been able to keep it tuned in for about 20 seconds before it goes to 201. Can't wait to see them launch it in full MPEG4 HD.

Check your locals and report what you see (any CW or PBS?)

I'm in the Detroit area and saw channels 50(CW)HD and 56(PBS)HD listed.
Also listed was channel 9(CBC)SD from Windsor, Ontario. I was surprised to see this.

I cant actually tune to most off them, when I try it kicks me to channel 201.

Also if I try tuning to The Outdoor Channel HD I am not subscribed to that channel.

I have the test channels too. Regarding The Outdoor Channel HD, I can tune it and I have video for about 10 seconds and then the receiver switch to channel 201.

I think that's an issue with the latest CE for some people. I don't think it's a problem on the national release.

Scott,
If it's the CE that is causing the problem, you know you can go back to the NR and try picking up the next CE to catch up if you want.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)