STRANGE ERROR!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnteeee

Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys
I have a 211K going to one HD monitor via HDMI. My dish is a 1000.2.
All is good, signal strength good all across 3 satellites with no rain fade as it's been all raining and wet around here for a while now and even in heavy pour-downs, I've experienced no rain fade.
But for the second time when it was overcast, watching a high number HD channel ( Tp 30, Sat 129 ) the Error screen appeared saying signal lost please push up or down on remote or contact customer service! As soon as I pressed channel up or down not only the new channel was fine but going back to the problem channel all in less than 3 to 5 seconds everything was fine! First time was 2 weeks ago and then last night again. All cables(RG6) with water ressistant connection and the whole set-up is only few months old but since the dish is conveniently accessible, I re-checked everything with no avail !
Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated.

What is the error number? If it is 004, Dish is working on a software fix to correct this problem. If it is 002, do you have an OTA antenna connected to the receiver? If so, the issue may be caused by a weak OTA signal--not a satellite signal issue.

Thanks for reading.

To be honest the whole thing happens so fast that both times I forgot to look at the Error code.

Yes I do have an OTA antenna connected to the reciever.
But "software fix" sounds good too!

How about a "firmware problem"?
I know for a fact that VIP 722 causes an error of the same.

I was having the same problem, but last Friday it went out completely. I keep getting an acquiring satilite signal 0 of 5. I called and they sent out a tech. The tech told me I needed a new LNB and to get rid of the DPP44 switch. Well, it was raining and he could not get on the roof to work on the dish. He rescheduled me for the next day, but they sent out 2 clowns that had no idea what was going on. They tried to rewire my house. I told them it worked fine for years. They got my 211 to work, but told me they could not get enough power to the 722. The 211 went out again last night. I called again and the tech on the phone told me they should have not removed the switch because of the long runs in my house. A new guy is scheduled today. Can anyone tell me do I want this switch or not? What else I should have the tech look for? I really like my service and have had no issues until this mess. It has worked Great of a couple of years now. I can't believe the wiring has gone bad overnight.

ID 10 T's

I was having the same problem, but last Friday it went out completely. I keep getting an acquiring satilite signal 0 of 5. I called and they sent out a tech. The tech told me I needed a new LNB and to get rid of the DPP44 switch. Well, it was raining and he could not get on the roof to work on the dish. He rescheduled me for the next day, but they sent out 2 clowns that had no idea what was going on. They tried to rewire my house. I told them it worked fine for years. They got my 211 to work, but told me they could not get enough power to the 722. The 211 went out again last night. I called again and the tech on the phone told me they should have not removed the switch because of the long runs in my house. A new guy is scheduled today. Can anyone tell me do I want this switch or not? What else I should have the tech look for? I really like my service and have had no issues until this mess. It has worked Great of a couple of years now. I can't believe the wiring has gone bad overnight.

It sounds very much like those guys were ID10T certified. You want to keep the switch period. 722 not getting enough power has to do with one of major reasons there was the DPP 44 to start with. It has a power module that powers the switch & the LNB's in the system. The 1st tech was most likely correct and you need a replacement LNB.

Thanks for the info. A new tech came out on Saturday and ran new lines with a new dish. He said with the long run and with some RG59 in the run, you can not run two HD receivers. He did a GREAT job on the wiring. He messed up my OTA, but it is a Winegard that needs power. I had it diplexed in with special diplexers that allowed the power from the receiver to power the antenna. I will have to get a power supply or a different antenna. Thank you for your help. I read from this site almost every day. Keep up the GREAT work.

I don't think you should use the receiver to power your Wiengard preamp, that's more load than the PS of the unit was made for... you should be using the Wiengard PS to power the ant...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)