Strange happening on METV on thanksgiving involving Andy Griffith Show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I thought if here in Chattanooga TN, Andy Griffith Show was on WDEF channel 12 METV had to provide alternate programming. It usually shows Mayberry RFD. On thanksgiving, it showed Andy Griffith Show from 8-9pm. I didn't think that was possible due to programming rights.??

MeTV has been showing some Holiday programming this week that other stations have the rights to I noticed.
Our Miss Brooks, they aired the Thanksgiving show.

I thought if here in Chattanooga TN, Andy Griffith Show was on WDEF channel 12 METV had to provide alternate programming. It usually shows Mayberry RFD. On thanksgiving, it showed Andy Griffith Show from 8-9pm. I didn't think that was possible due to programming rights.??
Maybe somebody forgot to flip the switch ;)

Reactions: andy_horton
bummer

Whats interesting is here in Minneapolis KSTC45 (5-2...Independent station) shows Andy at noon and 12:30 each day and MeTV still shows it at night.

Reactions: andy_horton
so basically its up to the station in the market if they want to invoke "syndex" rights and force MeTV to substitute programming

Back when I lived in Duluth (the 1st time) we had KMSP Minneapolis on cable. This is when it was UPN. During the day we would see the dreaded "due to FCC rules we must black out this program. See it on your local station" because most of the syndicated stuff at the time was on the locals (be at like 2AM but they held the rights to it)

This has been going on for some time WTOL always shows Mayberry RFD and WDIV has been showing Andy. This is the only time when the station does a split I noticed it over a year ago

In Birmingham WTTO has the rights to Andy Griffith Show, comes on every night at 10:00 and 10:30. WVTM 13.2, the MeTV affiliate shows the alternate Mayberry RFD. I have never saw them show Andy Griffith. Probably somebody in Chattanooga forgot to change to the alternate feed, or their automation software wasn't scheduled to flip to the alternate feed.

This has been going on for some time WTOL always shows Mayberry RFD and WDIV has been showing Andy. This is the only time when the station does a split I noticed it over a year ago
I guess that area gets the best of both worlds then ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts