Strange issue

Mr_Flintstone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
KY
Hey guys, I've been having a partial signal loss issue with my 722 receiver. Here's the overview.
In the mornings I watch some TV before going to work. When I get home in the evenings, for the last week or so, I have a partial signal loss error screen on the TV. If I change channels, everything is fine; even if I change back to the channel that was giving the warning. I've checked the switch, and checked the system info; 61.5, 72, and 77 all show status as good.

Software ver. L809

I also have a ViP222k that doesn't seem to have the problem. It's software version is L783.

Hit the "Menu" button a couple times in a row, to get into the diags screen. Look at the upper left corner, and see if it reports errors from your lnb. If so, you need to get that replaced. I've had that happen before.

But it's also true that if the ota channel choosen on the ota tuner loses signal (even in the background), it can cause this as 'the mack' says above.

I had the same problem with my 722. Everyone was suggesting the ota problem. They were all wrong. Do a System Info test. see if box a reports lnb problems. Mine did with drift on 1 of them. lnb replaced, no more problems.

Info test and everything else comes up clean. I've been doing some reading on the OTA issue, and from what I've read, the problem there is when an OTA channel is the "previous channel". As a test this morning, I made sure that I didn't watch any OTA channels, and switched my channels among the 61.5, 72, and 77 sats. I'll see if the problem is there when I get home this evening.

If that still doesn't work, always park the ota tuner on ota channels that don't have any sort of signal issue on a normal basis. In other words, the strongest ones. Switch channels to this after you've watched one, if that one you watched isn't a strong one.

Reactions: old corps
Info test and everything else comes up clean. I've been doing some reading on the OTA issue, and from what I've read, the problem there is when an OTA channel is the "previous channel". As a test this morning, I made sure that I didn't watch any OTA channels, and switched my channels among the 61.5, 72, and 77 sats. I'll see if the problem is there when I get home this evening.
I also hated that bug with the 722 and OTA module. I can't believe they still haven't addressed it.

Which error code? There is apparently a known issue with the 004 error code (and I can't remember which signal code) on some transponders. It is shown in the dish Known Issues, with a fix planned. Call in with it, and also ask the agent (if they seem competent to check the known issues for receivers, that is/was a known issue.

The only error code in the System Info is 11-12-11. There is no lnb drift or loss of signal. When I go to point dish, there is strong signal on all three sats.

As a trial last night, I deleted all the scanned channels. If it is an OTA problem, there can't be a dropped signal if there are no channels. I'll monitor and see if the problem still occurs.

The only error code in the System Info is 11-12-11. There is no lnb drift or loss of signal. When I go to point dish, there is strong signal on all three sats.

As a trial last night, I deleted all the scanned channels. If it is an OTA problem, there can't be a dropped signal if there are no channels. I'll monitor and see if the problem still occurs.
Excellent troubleshooting technique! :)

Disconnect the OTA antenna as well.

No signal loss issues today. Must be the OTA module. Maybe I'll keep the cable plugged directly into the TV instead of the dish receiver.

Hey guys, I've been having a partial signal loss issue with my 722 receiver. Here's the overview.
In the mornings I watch some TV before going to work. When I get home in the evenings, for the last week or so, I have a partial signal loss error screen on the TV. If I change channels, everything is fine; even if I change back to the channel that was giving the warning. I've checked the switch, and checked the system info; 61.5, 72, and 77 all show status as good.

Software ver. L809

I also have a ViP222k that doesn't seem to have the problem. It's software version is L783.

Software ver. L809

I have a 722 and a 722K and have the same issue. I do not have a OTA tuner. No problem with the 722K. My guess the problem is the 722. I also have the VOD channels from my guide on the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts