Strange new issue

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Today I finally hooked up my Panasonic TC65AX900 with everything going through my Onkyo TX-NR1030 since my new Yamaha hasn't arrived yet. I had

Input 1: HR44
Input 2: Bell 9400
Input 3: Samsung K8500 / HDCP 2.2
Input 4: Panasonic BDP
Input 5: PS4

All was working as I set the AVR to Auto so the tv does the Upscaling and afternoon a few hours I started loosing signal on both HR44 & BellTV 9400. The 1030 just couldn't keep either one locked while the 4K & 2K BDP's were both working fine. I ended up switching the HR44 & 9400 to other inputs and now they work fine again. How would I loose inputs 1 & 2 all of a sudden? I thought maybe it was a cable issue at first as they are both old, but seem to work fine on other inputs. Very strange.

On the Onkyo you should set HDMI out to 'off' to ensure the tv is doing the upscaling. Auto will do upscaling if the input is less than 4K. I tested mine setting both ways and 'auto' would sometimes not lock in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't see an off setting under monitor out. The resolution settings I have are 480-1080p, 4K, Through,Source, and Auto. I will look for the off setting. Thank you.

The problem seems solved. I set the 1030 to through and not Auto as Iparsons21 suggested and swapped out the cables for ones rated @27Gps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts