Strange problem last night

Status
Please reply by conversation.
uboatcmdr said:
How long have you had that D10? If you have had it longer than 30-90 days then D* won't change it out without charging you for a service call. If you have the service plan (costs an extra $5.99 per month) they will cover it after the 30-90 day period.
If the LNB I sent you doesn't do the trick let me know. I know you said something about buying a Samsung receiver off eBay. If you hook up that receiver and it solves the problem, Bemail me before ordering a card (they cost about $20) from D*. I'll give you a installer activation number where you might be able to get them to marry the card from the D10 to the Samsung (it's worth a shot and could save you a few bucks, but calling the main number for D* will not get you to the proper people who will try that proceedure).

Yep, I've had the D-10 for about 5 months so there is no warranty left. I don't have the service plan either.

I was planning on using the card that was in my D-10 with the Samsung box. I didn't know there would be a problem getting D* to activate the combination. I'll definetly email you for help on that one. Thanks again for the heads up.

Well, I replaced the D10 with a used Samsung SIR-S300W and the problem seems to be fixed. Comparitivly the Samsung receiver is much cooler running. It is possible that my D10 had a problem that was causing it to overheat. This seems likely because the D10 would work for about an hour after I turned it on, then the breakups started to occur. By that time the top of the receiver was noticably warm, almost hot. The Samsung after being on for more than 12 hours is barely above room temp, and of course, there hasn't been any breakups or "searching" messages.

As a bonus, the Samsung has much friendlier menus and guides that mimic my RCA DTC210.

I found out that I still didn't have some of my HD channels on my DTC210 and was still only getting 50% signal on most of the Sat B (119) transponders, so I swapped out my Triple LNB/switch with the one that uboatcmdr sent me. Now I'm getting better than 95% on all the active Sat B transponders and all my HD channels are back. Looks like I had more than one problem. Maybe the D10 went bad and fried my LNB/switch. I'll never know for sure but I'm just glad to have everything fixed. Thanks again for the help uboatcmdr.

billbillw said:
I found out that I still didn't have some of my HD channels on my DTC210 and was still only getting 50% signal on most of the Sat B (119) transponders, so I swapped out my Triple LNB/switch with the one that uboatcmdr sent me. Now I'm getting better than 95% on all the active Sat B transponders and all my HD channels are back. Looks like I had more than one problem. Maybe the D10 went bad and fried my LNB/switch. I'll never know for sure but I'm just glad to have everything fixed. Thanks again for the help uboatcmdr.

More than happy to be of help, if you need anything else just let me know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)