Status
Please reply by conversation.

imthedevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I am having the same issues as the person in this post:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/157866-tuner-2-signal-question.html

I think Tuner 2 may be going bad but I wanted to make sure before I make the call and have them come out and possibly replace the receiver as I like being able to pick up OTA from both Cincinnati and Dayton :)

I have done the following:

• Replaced the lines from my multi-switch (WB616) to the receiver, 1 line to each tuner no brakes in the line (barrel connectors) Lines are brand new freshly cut and crimped lines done by myself (Quad RG6 swept to 3ghz)
  • Swapped out for other BBC's that work with no problem as tested on my H21-200
  • Swapped around both the line and the BBC's on the back of the receiver.
Now here is the odd thing, when I go to a channel (HD or SD) and it gives me "Searching for signal on tuner 2 (771)" I can fix the problem 1 of 2 ways. Either flip to a different channel and hit record (thus locking one of the tuners) or I can remove the line from the end of the BBC on tuner 2 and as soon as I hook that same line back up everything works.

I consider myself to be pretty good when it comes to trouble shooting and fixing problems before making service calls but this one has me stumped.

I thank everyone in advance for their advice on the matter.

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)