Strange problem with my 9200

sjpvt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
Hello all,
I came home from work yesterday to find a strange problem with my BEV 9200 and I am wondering if anybody here has seen this before. When I turn on the TV and reciever, the "Please wait while we connect to the satellite".....or something like that, message appears, along with the "test" screen below showing satellite 82 and transponder 2 and then a box with test number. But, the test never moves off step 0, and the reciever doesn't connect to the satellite. Instead, after a few moments, the mode light goes out and the TV screen goes black (the green light for TV1 stays on). After another moment, the green light on TV1 goes out and the 9200 goes completely off. Then, after a couple of minutes, both the mode light and the TV1 light go on again (without me doing anything), and the whole procedure starts again. I tried hooking up my old 6200 and it worked OK (although I couldn't access my subscribed channels. I only received the few default channels). I am in the US and I use KuSat as my broker. They are closed on weekends and I will be away next week. So, I thought I would try this forum to see if anyone has ever had a similar problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
SJPVT

It sounds like to me that you might have one line out. You should have 2 cables coming from the dish going into the receiver.

You mentioned connecting the 6100....did you try both cables on the 6100 or just one?
I'm not saying that the 6100 has 2 inputs, but rather try both cables, at 2 diffferent times on the 6100.

Thanks for the suggestion, miguelaqui. I just connected the second satellite line to my old 6100 and it worked fine, as well. Interestingly, I checked the signal strength on the 6100 and it was very good for both the 82 and 91 satellites. But, when I checked the signal strength on the 9200, it goes to green - LOCKED, but "cannot find name" or something like that. Then after a few seconds, the signal goes to red. This happens for both the 82 and 91 signals.
Why would the 6100 have great signal strength and the 9200 not be able to hold onto the green locked signal?
Do you think this is a receiver problem? :confused:

I have this issue from time to time, and I am guessing it has something to do with the DishPro LNB and seperator I am using.

To fix this problem I need to unplug my unit then plug it in again and run check switch then it is good for a few days again.

ExpressVu has not released a software update yet for the 9200 series, lets hope when they do it fixes a number of issues it has.

"ExpressVu has not released a software update yet.........."

Well, not true Scott it shipped with version v.140 and immidiately updates to v.141 ;)

Kryspy

Thanks to everyone who replied. I just found the solution on another forum. Apparently, it is a rather common problem with the 9200. The solution is as follows:

Disconnect the two satellite lines from the 9200. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds. When the receiver restarts with the screen that indicates it is trying to connect to the satellite signal, immediately reconnect the two satellite lines. Now the screen will indicate that it is progressing through the "steps 1 throught 5" of 5, and everything will work fine. I did it last night and now it works great.
SJPVT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)