Strange problem with TBS-HD timers

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
So one of the "filler" shows I record is Home Improvement. So when TBS-HD went live, I did like I always do, deleted my SD timers, and created some HD timers.

But I ran into a problem. When I create a timer on TBS-HD, the settings for recording default to "Once" instead of "All Episodes", and even if you change the setting to "All Episodes", it still only records the one event. I've tried creating a timer by selecting a future program in the guide and by using the search function. Neither way seems to be working properly...

This could most clearly be seen by setting a timer to record Home Improvement, especially today, where I believe around 11:00 AM, there are 4-5 episodes on right in a row. But try as I might, it will only record the first episode. It's not "skipping" the show either. It just flat refuses to add itself to the schedule! I should mention that doing the same thing on TBS-SD works just fine, as does every other channel. It seems to be only the new TBS-HD that is having timer issues.

Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have any idea what may be causing it?

So one of the "filler" shows I record is Home Improvement. So when TBS-HD went live, I did like I always do, deleted my SD timers, and created some HD timers.

But I ran into a problem. When I create a timer on TBS-HD, the settings for recording default to "Once" instead of "All Episodes", and even if you change the setting to "All Episodes", it still only records the one event. I've tried creating a timer by selecting a future program in the guide and by using the search function. Neither way seems to be working properly...

This could most clearly be seen by setting a timer to record Home Improvement, especially today, where I believe around 11:00 AM, there are 4-5 episodes on right in a row. But try as I might, it will only record the first episode. It's not "skipping" the show either. It just flat refuses to add itself to the schedule! I should mention that doing the same thing on TBS-SD works just fine, as does every other channel. It seems to be only the new TBS-HD that is having timer issues.

Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have any idea what may be causing it?

I wouldn't reccomend setting any recurring timers until TBS-HD is at its permanent home. Right now it's using a PPV slot and that might explain the problems you are having. Try again after the official launch.

NightRyder

I bet you're right, Night. On PPV channels, I believe, it will just record a movie once. So there is probably some setting E* has on the channel to control that.

Are the options set to pad zero minutes at each end and can't be changed? Another characteristic of PPV channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)