Triple Recording On 622

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
After activating my OTA I discovered the following. I can record 2 progams at once off DISH via 1 & 2. I knew that. But what I didn't know is that I can also record a 3rd program on an OTA channel at the same time. This gives me 3 recordings at once when an OTA channel is involved. I guess the rest of you may know this but I had not read about it anywhere. Anyway, what a deal! That means I can record Rugby today on 406, Baseball on 139 and the NFL on my local CBS 2.1 OTA. Fantastic!:)

This is a great feature too ... I use it quite extensively now that the fall season has started back up.

You lime many of us---including me----have confused TV1 and 2 with satellite tuners 1 and 2. It is very easy to do.

You should call Dish and tell them that!

I actually used this question to identify which CSR's I should work with, and which I would abandon when playing CSR roulette. I would ask, "What is the maximum number of HD broadcasts I can record simultaneously on a 722 using all available satellite tuners and OTA tuners?"

Most CSR's - and I kid you not - said ONE! Not even two, certainly not three. The correct answer is three, as you know. I found that out here of course ... not from Dish.

I often end up with 3 at a time on Thursday evenings. I noticed that it had a "1" next to each of the two sat tuners. I would have expected a 1 and a 2 indicating Sat tuner1 and Sat Tuner 2. Not sure what those mean now.

I do have my box in Single mode, so perhaps its just TV1 repeated twice.

I run in dual mode, and I get a "1" and a "2", then for the OTA recording, I get a yellow antenna icon.

I often end up with 3 at a time on Thursday evenings. I noticed that it had a "1" next to each of the two sat tuners. I would have expected a 1 and a 2 indicating Sat tuner1 and Sat Tuner 2. Not sure what those mean now.

I do have my box in Single mode, so perhaps its just TV1 repeated twice.

The 622 always shows as 1 on both tuners once recording starts, never understood why that happens. OTA used to show as on tuner 1 but now shows with the antenna symbol.

Give the guy a break, he just discovered this and is excited.

I know, I love this feature too. Thursday evenings in my household is when the DVR gets a workout. We are recording three HD feeds (2 sat, 1 OTA) and my wife is watching a recorded HD show at the same time. It amazes me it can keep up, but it always does just fine!

The sad thing is that on at least one weeknight, 3 recordings are not enough. We have to watch one show online. :(

The sad thing is that on at least one weeknight, 3 recordings are not enough. We have to watch one show online. :(

I have distant Nets and the Superstation package. I only have ABC OTA, but with 3 tuners, it guarantees that I could record every network show from all 5 networks if I choose to.

I use this constantly. I just wish Dish would put the Austin HD locals on the birds. I have to choose which network show to record in HD on each of the 622's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)