strange problem

soonerborn1976

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Antlers, OK
maybe some can help me with this annoying situation. My father-in-law recently had dish installed i think the receiver is a 211. He says every morning when he turns on the receiver it gives him an acquiring signal message and and never goes away unless he disconnects the cable coming from the dish and then re-connects. After that the same message appeares but he's able to finally get a signal and watch tv. He did have the installer come back and change receivers and still has the same problem. Anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

Call DISH and get a tech to come out and check your installation. FIRST make sure that Dad has the dish home protection plan for 5.99. Then the tech visit will only be 29.99. You can add the dish home protection plan and drop it as needed , as many times as you need it. IF you don't want to pay the insurance and tech visit fee , try the ceo@echostar.com and see if they will waive the fee and fix your problems.

I've never had a problem with Dish charging me a fee. No plan here. They even replaced my dish. Maybe because I've been with them for over 10 years. How recent is recent?

S~

Well I have been with them for almost 13 years and I have learned to do all my own installs so I don't have to have them come out. I do use the insurance to get receivers replaced, faulty lnbs replaced etc. I don't know what you mean by recent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts