Strange Remote Problem 722 + Sony Bravia TV

hobiewahn

Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Well Christmas was good at my house this year. I purchased a 722 (not 722k) from my boss and got a 40" Sony Bravia for Christmas, upgrading from a 522 and 32" Sony tube tv. The installer came by today got me a Dish 1000 and everything running good.

I am having a strange problem with the remotes. I had a 6.0 UHF remote controlling tuner 1 on my 522, but for some reason I could not get it to control tuner 1 over UHF on the 722 (my receiver is inside a cabinet). The 6.0 works fine on tuner 2. The installer gave me a 21.0 UHF remote which gives me UHF on tuner 1, but for some reason when I program it for my TV I have problems. If press TV, and then Input, the Sony TV wont switch inputs and gets stuck on the PC input (which isnt plugged in). The 6.0 remote works fine to switch TV inputs and properly cycles through the inputs. Also on the 21.0 remote when I press "sat" it puts a message on the TV screen saying "The TV/Cable input is not enabled. To manage inputs, please configure under ..."

On the 21.0 remote, I tried Sony codes: 500 514 609 619 622 521 578 629 690, with 500 being the only one that works. I tried the power button programming (hold down TV, press power, then press up until the TV turns off) but that does the same thing as 500.

So, I need to figure out how to program the 21.0 for the Sony Bravia TV, or get the 6.0 remote to work with tuner 1 on the 722. I have searched the forums and googled but not found anything.

Thanks!

Do a search here or on the Dish site for the 21.0's instructions. It's a bit confusing, but the 21.0 is also a LEARNING remote and you can program it from your existing Bravia remote to respond the way you want.

Ed

Woo Hooooo!!!! That fixed the input problem!!!

Any idea why when I press Sat on the top that the TV displays that strange error message about enabling my TV/Cable input?

I believe your TV was cycling through all of the skipped inputs and you only had the PC input skipped. I just got my 21.0 remote today and I am having the same problem. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the remote into learning mode. What did you do to fix it?

Okay, I think I got the button learned from the TV remote (at least the dish remote responded the way the instructions said it would) but nothing has changed. It still cycles through the skipped inputs.

BTW, I was able to program one of the colored buttons to change the input, but the input button itself will not work. I think it has something to do with the fact that when you hold it down, it does not continue to send the signal (you can tell this because the "TV" button at the top does not stay lit) whereas the other buttons in the remote continue to send the signal (e.g. the TV button DOES stay lit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts