Strange remote viewing on my 922

Baley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Acworth GA
Hello all!
I have had a strange problem with remote viewing on my VIP922 since day one. If I try to access the machine on line, it says my 922 isnt connected to the internet (which it is). If I try to use the dish app on my android phone, it says the same thing. However, I can use my Sling software on my pc and my phone, go to my account and the 922 is listed and it will play just fine. I just don't understand it. At first I thought it had to be my network, but if that was the case the stand alone Sling software wouldn't connect either.
Every time I call support, they have no idea and just brush me off. Its getting a little frustrating.
Can any one here help me out? I have tried everything including the reset of the 922, reset the network connection, sending with the call out feature in the diagnostics screen.
Thanks for your help!

Does it give you any error message number, or simply state that the receiver is not connected to broadband?

Will you send me your phone number or account number in a PM? I will try to duplicate the problem on my side.

Thank you Matt. Something that is even MORE strange is that is started working today. It hasnt worked in months!!
Thanks for the offer to help!

Thank you Matt. Something that is even MORE strange is that is started working today. It hasnt worked in months!!
Thanks for the offer to help!

:eek:k:

Glad to hear it's working. It mus have sensed my presence and decided to fix itself ;)

If it stops working, please get with me

Does anybody knows when I will be able to watch my programs on Firefox 5.
I had to change it to Firefox 3 again, because the application is not yet available for 5, and Google Chrome is incompatible as well... and I won't use Internet Explorer because well, it's Internet Explorer :p

Does anybody knows when I will be able to watch my programs on Firefox 5.
I had to change it to Firefox 3 again, because the application is not yet available for 5, and Google Chrome is incompatible as well... and I won't use Internet Explorer because well, it's Internet Explorer :p

what about FF4??????

Well, mine isnt working anymore! It was great FOR ONE DAY! Not one thing changed on my end, so it has to be there software.

So I "upgraded" to a VIP922 so I could use the sling option over 6 months ago. I STILL cant use it! I know my network is fine because I have a stand along sling box and it works fine. So basically I just threw $200 away on the upgrade!
It takes a lot to get me upset about something, but I am about at my ropes end over this deal............. I just get passed around.......... just a number to them

So I "upgraded" to a VIP922 so I could use the sling option over 6 months ago. I STILL cant use it! I know my network is fine because I have a stand along sling box and it works fine. So basically I just threw $200 away on the upgrade!
It takes a lot to get me upset about something, but I am about at my ropes end over this deal............. I just get passed around.......... just a number to them

I know what your feeling!!! I dont understand why they dont have a better idea for 922 owners?....you pay extra $4 and get nothing more for it? The run around is very iritating...They should have a list in front of them when you call....Insted you just keep repeating the same story over and over..............and no solutions?

Agreed! They make you o thru the same dog and pony show every damn time and it always comes out the same. "I will esculate this up to advanced tech support and they will get back with you"
It NEVER HAPPENS! Its just something to get us off the phone! They keep hopeing we will go away I guess, but they still expect us to pay the extra money for a service they dont provide. Plus they keep the $200 upgrade fee! Quite the racket if you ask me.
Even the online help here on Satuliteguys just kind of sweep you under the rug it seems.
I think at this point I would be happy with a 722K and a refund of my $200 "upgrade fee".
I have been with Dish for over 12 years and I know people get on here all the time and say they are going to Direct TV because they are pissed at Dish. I think a lot of those posts are just making empty threats to get Dish's attention. But I am not making empty threats. I know I am just one small dot on there radar screen and if I leave them they couldn't care less. They will keep doing business and making money just like they always have.
I have had Sling products for over 7 years and LOVE how they work, but after Dish bought them there programmers just seem to have adopted the same attitude and the Dish programmers have and that is just get it job done and move on. If it works great, if not...... oh well, we may get around to fixing it sometime, but then again maybe not.
I AM AT MY LAST STRAW WITH DISH.

Why don't you talk to retention department and tell them you want to swap out the 922 for a 722k instead? IF they don't make the deal then drop DISH . Unfortunately I am betting you got committed for another 24 months when you took the 922 receiver, which means a big pay off to DISH for breaking your contract.

MikeD-C05 said:
Why don't you talk to retention department and tell them you want to swap out the 922 for a 722k instead? IF they don't make the deal then drop DISH . Unfortunately I am betting you got committed for another 24 months when you took the 922 receiver, which means a big pay off to DISH for breaking your contract.

yes if retentions can't help. ask to talk to ert excutive resolutions and. they should help you out and swap. I had to do that because of the 24month commitment.

Nope, no commitment. Do you think they would go with a 722K and sling adapter so I would at least be what a 922 should be?
10+ years and I sadly think it might be coming to an end. I have to say I really love Dish and have pointed several people in there direction that have ended up
singing with them. I just never thought it would come to this, or that something would get me so upset with them.
I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A PERSON THAT HELPS PAY THE WAGES OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE!

Baley said:
Nope, no commitment. Do you think they would go with a 722K and sling adapter so I would at least be what a 922 should be?
10+ years and I sadly think it might be coming to an end. I have to say I really love Dish and have pointed several people in there direction that have ended up
singing with them. I just never thought it would come to this, or that something would get me so upset with them.
I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A PERSON THAT HELPS PAY THE WAGES OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE!

I would suggest just telling them your issue and problems you been having and what you think would help you issue out. I just got a swap. because the sling deal was going on. I was just happy to get someone who could help me get rid of the 922. I'm happy with dish again (just wish I could get some of 200.00 back from the 922 tax.)

AND THE BEAT GOES ON!
Its been about three weeks since I was told they would "get someone looking at this and come up with an answer". Just as in the past, they let things go and hope people will just give up and they you are swept under the rug with all the rest. I guess its time to just admit that they screwed me over again. Nice $200 upgrade dish! Thanks a lot......

I'm having a similar problem with my 922. My Android Sling player mobile worked fine, even when Dish's player says my DVR isn't connected to the internet (although I can get it to work at home when I do a broadband reset...not very helpful when I try to use the player on the road). My player works fine until my DVR does the hard reset overnight...is it not reconnecting to the router properly, or is it an issue with the Dish player not being able to wake up the DVR?

Incidentally, I can use certain parts of the Dish app regardless, including the Guide feature. When I select a program to record, it says the program was set to record and then it never connects with my Dish box. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck and thanks for bringing this post to the top again. I hope you have better luck then I have had. Like you, sometimes I can even watch something that is recorded (but not very
often) as soon as I go to live it says I'm not on line. I have the Sling stand alone software and it works a charm. So its just junk software Dish is trying to make you use. Dont be surprised if you dont get any type of response from dish. Or if you do they will tell you they will get this taken care of and you will never hear from them again.... very disappointing

Finally figured out how to find the password on the 922, and SlingPlayer Mobile works fine for me. Dish's app works great as long as I'm actually in front of my DVR to reset the internet connection every time, which pretty much makes it worthless. Ditto for Dish Remote Access. Can someone from DIRT look into this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)