Strange Scan Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
In scanning for the Christmas Music on 12115 I somehow ended up with all the 12177 channels showing on the guide as 12115. I did a rear panel off/on and an all channel scan, one of which corrected the indication, but there is nothing on 12177. I don't know if 12177 was hot before the mishap or not.

TP 12177 is still missing, is it down or do I need to peak my dish pointing?

Thanks for the suggestion. It is 38.5 degrees and spitting snow so I was not anxious to re-peak unless necessary. I did a factory default and an OTA update. TP 12177V still had no signal so I conclude that my scanning mishap was coincidental and that I had probably already lost 12177 prior to scanning. I did a rescan to retrieve GLC on 12060H then ventured outside to re-peak the dish. All it took was an almost imperceptible change in elevation to bring it in. A week or more ago on GLC I was about 12177V-46; 12060H-52, after the elevation adjust the numbers reversed 12177V-52: 12060H-46. I was glad I had my elevation adjustment turn-buckle modification. I marked the position with a pencil line, then moved up a bit and down a bit, then almost exactly back to the line and all is well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)