Strange twist to PPV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Yesterday I wanted to buy a movie off of the PPV. Now, this is the first movieI have bought in probably 2 years or more. When I went to actually purchase it I got a message that it wouldn't go through and to call Dish customer service. I called and the first thing out of the CSR was, "your telephone line is not working". I checked it through the diagnostics and it was OK and also I hooked up a telephone to check it, the line is dedicated to the reciever, no problem. I then called back again and went through the same scenario with another CSR. This time is asked want was on my PPV purchase window. I told him it showed that I had bought the last half of the NBA package nad that I had recently purchased the MLB package. He then asked me what the amount was shown. I told him it showed $99 for the NBA and $149 for the MLB. He then told me, "there's your problem, you have more than $100 owed". I told him that I had just $33 left on the NBA and I already had paid $49 on the MLB, thus leaving me a balance of $133. The payments were supposed to paid over a few monthly billings like it states in the ads. I in fact had just made the last bill payment wiping out in balance in the NBA and really owed just $100. This is where it gets strange. I was told not only by a CS rep but also by a Supervisor that the total remains on your bill until the last payment is recieved. In other words even if I continue to make the the monthly payments on the MLB package the total remains $149 for the next few months. Therefore I can not buy PPV until all of this is at a zero balance. I find this strange but never have really thought about it because I hardly ever purchase a movie, thus my purchases never get anywhere near $100. Anyone out there have this experience? This, in my 7 years with Dish, is the very first problem I have ever had with them. Mike

Ah,the logic of Dish Network strikes again.

I have the same situation. I orderd MLB and I cannot order a PPV. I finally got a CSR supervisior who allowed me to order by phone with no penalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)