Stranger Things 2, 3 & 4

I've spent the last few weeks watching Stranger Things from Season 1 ...
Caught up tonight and Season 4 (most of ) is out ...
Debating on watching the first part now, or wait .....

Did someone say that it was broken up in 2 parts (that I knew) and its 7 episodes on the first part and only 2 for the last part ?

That seems really Odd ... Almost like they don't know what to expect and will wrap it up in a 2 Episode Movie for the end... hope not, but might be.
The last TWO are 2 hours each, ie, 4 episodes condensed.

Much like the last episode of previous years ... I think the last episode of Season 3 was 1:45 or there abouts.

I found this as well :
Stranger Things season 4 consists of nine episodes in total, each of which runs over one hour long. Most in Stranger Things season 4 volume 1 average 75 minutes long (or longer), with one being a little less, just over 60 minutes long.

Stranger Things season 4 volume 1 has seven episodes, taking the bulk of the season's content. Meanwhile, Stranger Things season 4 volume 2 will have two episodes in total, wrapping up the latter part of the season. However, episodes 8 and 9 are feature length, with the finale being almost 2.5 hours long. Throughout its run, the only other time Stranger Things had nine episodes in one season was season 2. But since each episode this season is over an hour long, Stranger Things season 4 is technically the longest season ever released.

Reactions: Derwin0
I haven't seen a list of times for 8 and 9, however, 1-7 were all over 1 hour, some alot over. (1:15 ish for the most part)
The last episode Part 7 was longer as well ... 1:32

So basically, each was its own Movie .... I like it like that.

4 episodes condensed ???
I think its 2 LONG episodes ...

The statement above, post 102 is kind of confusing.

episodes 8 and 9 are feature length, with the finale being almost 2.5 hours long.

With the final being almost 2.5 hours long .... is that the final episode, PART 9 thats that long, or do they mean Both episodes are about 2.5 hours long ???

Probably Part 9 would be my guess, but I expect Part 8 to be about 1:15 to 1:30 as well.

Also, I guess, they are calling the last 2 episodes Volume 2, not Part ... like the rest of the series was.

4 episodes condensed ???
I think its 2 LONG episodes ...

The statement above, post 102 is kind of confusing.

episodes 8 and 9 are feature length, with the finale being almost 2.5 hours long.

With the final being almost 2.5 hours long .... is that the final episode, PART 9 thats that long, or do they mean Both episodes are about 2.5 hours long ???

Probably Part 9 would be my guess, but I expect Part 8 to be about 1:15 to 1:30 as well.
This is what I found:

Viewers may have noticed that episode 7 was longer than usual the other six, coming in at 1 hour, 39 minutes, or the length of a shorter movie. The two episodes dropping July 1 will also have an extended length: episode 8 runs 1 hour, 25 minutes, and episode 9 comes in at a whopping 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Reactions: Jimbo
This is what I found:

Viewers may have noticed that episode 7 was longer than usual the other six, coming in at 1 hour, 39 minutes, or the length of a shorter movie. The two episodes dropping July 1 will also have an extended length: episode 8 runs 1 hour, 25 minutes, and episode 9 comes in at a whopping 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Cool, that one addressed it exactly !

Two episodes in so far. I am enjoying the show but boy the cast is way too old to be playing these characters. I know why but it does stand out to me.

Two episodes in so far. I am enjoying the show but boy the cast is way too old to be playing these characters. I know why but it does stand out to me.
Well the show started on Netflix in July of 2016. That was 6 years ago. I would expect they are now all too old to play "kids". I guess that is just one of the "stranger things" the title speaks of. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and mackie99
El has been played by two different people .... just for the Flashback portions .... thye actually go back before the show starts for El, supposedly to 1979 ...

I don't think anyone else has an older and younger version ...
I guess that just keeps the flashbacks to El only.

Reminder for Stranger Thing watchers ....
Season 4 ... Volume 2 drops over night tonight. :)
Just watched Episode 7 ( been watching for 3 days), hopefully finish it off tomorrow, then start up Terminal List.

The final two "movies" were quite spectacular, funny, horrifying and origin revealing. Left a few unanswered, questions, but getting the band (we hope) back together was emotional and satisfying, though the "here we go again" happened rather abruptly. All in all, I give 4 stars

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Jimbo
The final two "movies" were quite spectacular, funny, horrifying and origin revealing. Left a few unanswered, questions, but getting the band (we hope) back together was emotional and satisfying, though the "here wer go again" happened rather abruptly. All in all, I give 4 stars
They had to leave some things unanswered to have point to start for next year !

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The final two "movies" were quite spectacular, funny, horrifying and origin revealing. Left a few unanswered, questions, but getting the band (we hope) back together was emotional and satisfying, though the "here we go again" happened rather abruptly. All in all, I give 4 stars
I agree I really enjoyed it. It had a "Stand by me" movie feel to it, especially when the two brothers were talking about being there for each other and when the boy with a lisp was holding Eddie when he was dying. Brought a little tear to my eye. o_O

Quick question:
Did they do a recap at the start of Volume 2 ?

I'm debating on watching episode 7 (even though it's LONG) again ... but if they do a recap ill probably skip it.

Quick question:
Did they do a recap at the start of Volume 2 ?

I'm debating on watching episode 7 (even though it's LONG) again ... but if they do a recap ill probably skip it.
No recap. I watched 7 again too...you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)