Strangs Message on 722

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
I've had this message a few times but since it just happened again I thought I'd ask why I'm getting it. Message is "Due to inactivity your receiver is about to shut down. To keep viewing press Continue or No". I turned the 722 on at 7am and received the message at 9:45am which means it was only on for 2hr and 45 minutes. I've had quite a few problems with this receiver lately and wonder if this is another bad indicator.

What it means is your receiver has been sitting idle for a length of time and is going to go into standby mode for you automatically. No worries. Every receiver is set up to do so for a length of time. Either change the option in your menu (sorry I can't help you there. I had a 722 and 722k but never did that and am now using the Hopper) or press the remote every now and then to let it know you are there. The default for standby used to be every four hours, but changed to two hours in a software update earlier this year.

To get to the inactivity standby on a 722 press menu, preferences, updates, you get a choice of 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 5 hrs, 6 hrs, 7 hrs, 8 hrs or Disable.
Thaks Garys. I'll do that. Strange that after 3 years all of a sudden I'm getting that message. Quite often my 722 is on from 7am through 10pm on many days without interuption.

We've had about 3-4 threads on this same subject in the last 2 days, so I can see where confusion could set in on who posted what where.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)