Streaming 4k through Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If your new 4K set is a smart tv you can watch 4K Netflix and You Tube videos through the set. I bought a new Samsung during Super Bowl weekend and 4K looks great using the built in apps.

If you don't mind me asking, what model Samsung did you get? All my tvs are Samsung and will probably get another. Also, what speed internet you have to stream 4k through Netflix and You Tube?

Thanks

Sounds like you need an unlimited Verizon plan :) 4k works great on LTE
Verizon 4G LTE unlimited is what I have. The phone clocks regularly 30 down and 10-20 up. A pc via WiFi Hotspot can be anywhere from 2-15 down. The best I've seen the Hopper 3 is 7.5 down. For me, Verizon will not cut it. The only isp is Windstream DSL @ 3/.675...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, what model Samsung did you get? All my tvs are Samsung and will probably get another. Also, what speed internet you have to stream 4k through Netflix and You Tube?

Thanks

From Netflix:

Can I stream Netflix in Ultra HD?
Ultra HD streaming is available on Netflix!

What do I need to stream Ultra HD?

• A TV compatible with Ultra HD streaming from Netflix. See below for more details.
  • A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at www.netflix.com/ChangePlan.
  • A steady Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. See below for more details.
  • Streaming quality set to "High." More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.

I have 25mbs DSL, verified by speed tests, and 4k works fine with my Samsung TV apps and my Roku4 apps. The Hopper 3 reports insufficient bandwidth. I wonder why.

Verizon 4G LTE unlimited is what I have. The phone clocks regularly 30 down and 10-20 up. A pc via WiFi Hotspot can be anywhere from 2-15 down. The best I've seen the Hopper 3 is 7.5 down. For me, Verizon will not cut it. The only isp is Windstream DSL @ 3/.675...

I have no problems but I am also in an XLTE area and see 60 meg speeds. You might need a new device to get higher speeds

I have no problems but I am also in an XLTE area and see 60 meg speeds. You might need a new device to get higher speeds
Ya, I wonder if my phone, when acting as a WiFi Hotspot, is choking the throughput.

It was only 5 or 6 years ago when my house went from 3G to 4G coverage. They just came down the county road within 1/2 mile of my house laying fiber, but that's just a connector from city to city, no local service for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts