Streaming is so popular sirusxm launches new satellite...?

Higher end Android phones have been doing this for awhile also. My Pixel 4XL has dual SIM functionality. Same as the iPhone, one physical and one eSIM.
I also have the Pixel 4 XL. That's cool, I never knew about that.

Yes. You can set the default number for data and calls separately. And they can be the same, or different lines.
You can also assign a line to a particular number your calling, use last used, or change it on the fly.
Very easy to use.
Can you bond them for more bandwidth?

Can you bond them for more bandwidth?
I don’t think so, however there is a setting called data switching that will use data from either depending on coverage automatically.

If there is a way to combine them im not aware of it.

How does it affect the battery life? Having 2 signals.
I haven’t noticed it impacting it at all tbh.
The xr had the best battery life of any phone I’ve used, even with two at the same time.
The 11 & 12 seem to not last as long, under the same circumstances.
However both of those have lasted as long running 2 lines and my wife’s exact devices running 1.

I don’t see bonding over two separate providers.

I don’t miss Sirius. Way too many dropouts around NoVA. One really bad spot was leaving the outer beltway to 95 south. And lots of dropouts on Old Keene Mill Road.

PS. My 2015 Civic did not have SXM.

Maybe they launch a sattelite because an older one is nearing the end of its life. Maybe there’s an issue with one and they need to replace it. I doubt they can add sattelite just for bandwidth. I doubt SXM radios are SDR tuners. They have a hard coded, fixed tuning bandwidth. In fact in my Mazda the radio only goes up to channel 199 or so. I rented a VW before and it went to like 399. My wife’s Nissan has the same channel lineup as my Mazda. It’s missing stuff like Facton, Yacht Rock, and many others in the 300’s. What we do is just pay for one real radio (my wife’s) and I use CarPlay in my car. That way the audio quality is better and the channel selection is far superior. The app is not without issues though. The “Recents” is rarely correct or up to date. Sometimes I’ll get “menu item does not exist” when choosing a channel. Sometimes favorites don’t load at all. I’ve had black screens, or no channels to choose from. It’s widely known that the SXM iPhone and CarPlay experience is terrible. When it does work it’s great.

Another issue and I think this is an iPhone CarPlay issue… some car radios don’t let you scroll through a list that is too long. It will only go so far and then stop. I got around that in my car with the Mazda AIO tweaks hack and simply “enable touchscreen when in motion” resolved that. One time a guy hit me in the side and his insurance put me in a Ford Edge and that CarPlay was limited too where I could only page down so far. No known hacks or workarounds that I could find.

Lastly, we never pay full price. Last time I renewed at a discounted rate via chat. I didn’t even have to pick up the phone. We always say we will quit a few times and we end up with another deal. That’s worked for our DirecTV too but SXM has the biggest discounts over MSRP.

Reactions: TheKrell
It would be nice to have channels changed through voice commands but I don't want my conversations ending up in a cloud somewhere.

It would be nice to have channels changed through voice commands but I don't want my conversations ending up in a cloud somewhere.
I can do that in my 300, and I am almost positive that this information does not go up to any cloud. Or is that your argument to eschew streaming?

Maybe they launch a sattelite because an older one is nearing the end of its life.
According to satbeams.com, Sirius XM7 was launched in December 2020 to replace XM 3 (XM Rhythm, 15 years) and Sirius XM8 is being launched (currently scheduled for December 2021?) to replace XM 4 (XM Blues, 15 years).

It is important not to overlook that Sirius XM covers both the US and western Europe with two independent systems.

I can do that in my 300, and I am almost positive that this information does not go up to any cloud. Or is that your argument to eschew streaming?
I'll still stream but I won't use alexa, echo or some other such stuff to operate my stuff.

Some people prefer the lowbandwidth over compressed bit starved satellite version to a more desirable streaming version...but the real truth is pandora or slacker have equivalent or better sound quality for streaming but are free...so we are left with people who just dont want to waste money paying for internet to stream

Some people prefer the lowbandwidth over compressed bit starved satellite version to a more desirable streaming version...but the real truth is pandora or slacker have equivalent or better sound quality for streaming but are free...so we are left with people who just dont want to waste money paying for internet to stream
And people who live out in the boonies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts