Streaming is so popular sirusxm launches new satellite...?

Some people prefer the lowbandwidth over compressed bit starved satellite version to a more desirable streaming version...but the real truth is pandora or slacker have equivalent or better sound quality for streaming but are free...so we are left with people who just dont want to waste money paying for internet to stream
Let's not forget that Pandora is owned by SiriusXM.

Pandora is curated by a computer while many of the Sirius and XM channels are curated by humans.

Reactions: gasman882001
You are talking apples and oranges. SXM has their radios built into nearly every vehicle being produced for the US/CA/MX market. IMO, including streaming in my subscription was a big win and keeps me as a subscriber. In fact I dropped my early adopter Pandora subscription when SXM included streaming with my auto package(s). I have kept my Spotify subscription primarily for time when I want to listen to something specific. For on the road use, sure, I could stream music, news, whatever from my phone but there is a definite convenience and safety factor by not having to manipulate my phone to change channels while driving.
Older cars don't have SXM radios and I haven't found any aftermarket radios that come with an integrated SXM receiver. Probably because they're outside of my price range? I have an unlimited data plan so streaming SXM to an aftermarket radio that's able to do bluetooth audio won't be much of a problem unless I'm outside of cell coverage. Too bad my Xterra won't stream music but it does have SXM built-in.

Reactions: TheKrell
I hope you don't have a smart phone then.
I just do like in the movies, turn up the volume on the radio............Besides, I disabled "OK, Google" on my phone. If I could root it I'd completely remove that feature.

Is it just me or is there a problem with satellite SXM? My car display shows both "80's on 8" with "70's on 7" logo as well as "70's on 7" with detroitmusic logo. Similar issues with other channels.

Is it just me or is there a problem with satellite SXM? My car display shows both "80's on 8" with "70's on 7" logo as well as "70's on 7" with detroitmusic logo. Similar issues with other channels.
Probably need them to rehit your radio...you can do that from the website

I have a lifetime subscription including streaming. However in my car I subscribe as the SiriusXM App (even through Apple Carplay) is highly unreliable.

I want to turn on my car and listen, not fiddle around with things trying to get their app to work.
With 300 channels available, fiddling with the radio controls to find something of interest can be hazardous to a drivers health.

With 300 channels available, fiddling with the radio controls to find something of interest can be hazardous to a drivers health.
Hear hear. My car has a VR system to somewhat mitigate that issue. But my full and complete mitigation is to leave it on only one channel. :D

One thing I like about my car implementation of SiriusXM is I can set up to 5 music channels as one preset, and it records all 5 channels then randomly plays songs from each channel when you choose that preset.

Also its always recording my presets so whenever I change the station it tunes in at the beginning of the last song played.

One thing I like about my car implementation of SiriusXM is I can set up to 5 music channels as one preset, and it records all 5 channels then randomly plays songs from each channel when you choose that preset.

Also its always recording my presets so whenever I change the station it tunes in at the beginning of the last song played.
It would help if my car's scan button would scan all 300+ channels but it won't scan more than 10 channels from my SXM radio.

Now an issue for me I only listen to a handful of music stations normally.

My main music stations are 70's on 7, 80's on 8, The Bridge, Classic Rewind, Yacht Rock, The Beatles Channel, Road Trip Radio and Classic Vinyl.

Reactions: LocutusOfBorg