streaming ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I don not have my hoppers connected to the internet..............in part because I'm not sure if I have the proper speed. What is the minimum that I would need in order to enjoy ON DEMAND features offered by the hoppers in HD?

What speed do you have? I run 20mBPS down.
I should have added that OnDemand actually downloads the program to your DVR harddrive.

I have 3 meg DSL line and it works. I usually have to push the "watch later" button. The picture quality is OK, not great but still watchable.
I never understood why the picture quality would suffer if you download the program, it should all be the same no matter what the internet speed is.

Reactions: 356B and Jim S.
Actually for it to work it requires 1.5mbps, however to function 100% properly it is recommended to have 3mbps and above.

I usually tell people for the best positive experience and anytime, a consistent 5mbps is good cause that accounts a lot of the time for the dropouts during peak hours as well, just be careful if you have limited data plans, such as satellite internet, cause an hd movie can be anywhere from 2.2-5 GB of data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)