So how long do you think the Dish/Turner dispute will last?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I don't have Dish anymore, but for their customers sakes I hope it's like only a couple of weeks. I remember what happened with AMC, although the Voom lawsuit had a lot to do with that one.

At least a total of two weeks from the start with TBS and TNT coming into the mix. Then it could get uglier and be held out even longer or could suddenly be a quick fix and channels be back. I'm sure they are negotiating TBS and TNT already.

I guarantee they are a factor. My guess is Turner is playing the same game and wants them included, and dish doesn't, but still wants the streaming rights. I think it was Hall that said he was setting out whiskey and cookies for Santa. Sorry, I said ho ho ho and stole it tonight.

This dispute is all about Cartoon Network for me. Only channel of the bunch that we watch. I plan to switch if isn't restored by the Nov 3.

Reactions: lypo
This dispute is all about Cartoon Network for me. Only channel of the bunch that we watch. I plan to switch if isn't restored by the Nov 3.
This is the same for my family. If Cartoon Network isn't restored very quickly we are leaving Dish.

Reactions: Benyth
Sure they have done the math and calculated for the few that have left. I don't think the numbers are that high

if the dispute isn't resolved by the middle of November, then i would expect the savemyshows.com site to start promoting DirecTV and Cable as the only way to get these channels. as least they haven't done the whole AMC "Not on Dish" advertising campaign where they show ads for TV shows on other networks with a logo with Dish's logo with the no Symbol over the Dish logo.

i still gonna go with 4 weeks like i said in the other thread