Transferring Rentals & On Demand Shows to iPad

avaswa

Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Hi,

I just upgraded to the Hopper with Sling. While the Transfers app on my iPad works great (although it's slow), I noticed that I could not see any of my rentals or downloaded On Demand shows. Does this mean that I cannot transfer renatls or OD shows to my iPad for offline viewing?

Hi,

I just upgraded to the Hopper with Sling. While the Transfers app on my iPad works great (although it's slow), I noticed that I could not see any of my rentals or downloaded On Demand shows. Does this mean that I cannot transfer renatls or OD shows to my iPad for offline viewing?

They usually have some sort of protection on movies like that.

If you setup the recording with "Prepare for Mobile" option - then the process goes much faster. You can setup single recordings or even series with the "prepare for mobile" option. So when you open your iPad app the recording is already prepared and ready for transfer. Usually takes less than 5 minutes to transfer a 30 minute show.

Vivek

I didn't find anywhere to describe the limits for offline viewing.. ie. is the transferred recording good for a week/month/year?

BTW, I think this is a wonderful feature (prime use right now is shows for the kids in the car)

thanks,
Mike

That seems to be the most popuular... I think I am going to put use to it, when I go to NC to pick up my GF and her kids to drive back to Az in the summer. Only issue is I have a Gen1 Ipad and can let them use my phone, but then I risk them making phone calls or changing settings... I wish Iphone had a kid feature like the new droids

That seems to be the most popuular... I think I am going to put use to it, when I go to NC to pick up my GF and her kids to drive back to Az in the summer. Only issue is I have a Gen1 Ipad and can let them use my phone, but then I risk them making phone calls or changing settings... I wish Iphone had a kid feature like the new droids

Try using this: support.apple.com/en-us/HT5509

I will have to remember that come May. Maybe I'll get an updated iPad, or just "borrow" my mothers that I bought her over Christmas. It's just to keep the kids quiet and happy.