Stretch Mode on Panasonic EDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Not sure if this is the place to post this but since I have a 622 hooked in to it I thought this forum would be okay. I have 4 HDTVs and 1 EDTV. The EDTV is a Panasonic 42 inch plasma that is a couple of years old. I recently had to replace my 622 due to the hard drive quitting. Since then I cannot for the life of me figure out how to stretch the SD channels. I swear they were stretched before but since I have so many tvs I cannot be sure about this. When I go to the aspect on the TV remote, it goes through 4x3, zoom, just but none of these stretch the SD. So basically I have black bars on the side of all of my SD channels. Am I missing something here? Can the EDTV not stretch the SD channels to fill the screen? I also toggled through all the HD settings in the HD setup menu on the 622 with no luck. It's driving me crazy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this will soon be relegated to tuner #2 on the 622 and will get SD channels only in a spare bedroom and it would be nice if there were no black lines for guests.

Thanks!

Have you tried the button on the remote for the 622 that says "format" on the lower left??

OMG! I am an idiot! I think I have been working too hard lately! And I fancy myself an electronics guy! Thank you so much. Of course....it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)