Stretch?

LiquidHonesty

Original poster
May 3, 2010
KY
Ok, so I noticed this a couple of days ago, it seems the receiver is stretching everything I watch. Previously it was displaying just fine. I tried all the settings on my TV, then on the 922. I even tried dropping the 922 back to 720p, did the alignment, etc.

The menus and such show up just fine....but the actual programming is always "stretched" and the little square box in the right side up towards the top says so. It cuts off the logos of the tv stations (the overlays they put on there, not the one that's on the dish menu). It's kind of annoying, but I don't know where the setting is to turn off this stretching!! Any thoughts?

Yep, just hit the * button on your remote and it will cycle through the different formats - normal, stretch, partial zoom and zoom.

Reactions: TheKrell
Someone (perhaps I?) pushed the FORMAT button on my Hopper and it messes with HD, too.
It leaves the Stretch clue with one push when you press CANCEL.
"Menu>Settings>Screen Adjustments>HDTV>Aspect Ratio" does not get you back.
The FORMAT button being near the edge is easily hit.
I've been using this a long time and just didn't notice or forgot. Thanks. -Ken

Someone (perhaps I?) pushed the FORMAT button on my Hopper and it messes with HD, too.
It leaves the Stretch clue with one push when you press CANCEL.
"Menu>Settings>Screen Adjustments>HDTV>Aspect Ratio" does not get you back.
The FORMAT button being near the edge is easily hit.
I've been using this a long time and just didn't notice or forgot. Thanks. -Ken
Red button, Display Format (6).... That's the way to get to your fix with the new CUI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts