strong 119 but no 110 on dish 500

bogieboy

Original poster
May 25, 2005
I have a dish 500 and recently noticed that I am missing the science channel which comes in on the 110 satellite. When I do a check switch, only the 119 shows up. Swapped inputs on the SW21 switch and the 119 follows but still no 110 (shows XX). Installed a new LNBF for the 110 and still nothing. Tried new cable from LNBF to switch and nothing. Is it possible to have such a good signal on the 119 and nothing on the 110? Should I try to re-align? Thanks!

you might try playin with the dish a little bit, and see if it comes back,
but if you've already replaced the lnb and wire to the switch you can rule that out...
next thing i would check is all of the wire, make sure there is no cuts or anything in it, that it's not bent really hard somewhere, and then also check your connectors and ground blocks, or anything else you have in line to make sure they aren't corroded... the 110 satellite runs at a higher frequency than the 119, so if it is a problem in the wire, you will sometimes loose just the 110, and it might come and go...
so if you check that out and still no luck, i'd say its a receiver problem.
just my guess

you might have something blocking the signal.
on the dish 500, the 110 satellite comes in about 4 degrees to the right from where it's pointed (that's here with a 122 skew) your skew might make that a little different

Similar Problem, 119 is strong but I can't find 110

I've got the following setup:
2 - 3900's
1 - 510
1 - 501
SW44 switch

Due to some tree's I had a Dish 300 dish aimed at 119 and a separate Dish 500 aimed at 110 and everything was fine for the last couple of years . As spring came in I totally lost 110. I checked to make sure it wasn't the switch by swapping the 2 sets of cables for 119 and 110 and 119 still worked, but 110 never showed when i did a check switch on any of my receivers. I figured it was time to move the Dish500 aimed at 110 to a different location to pickup the signal, but no matter where I moved it to I could not find 110. I could locate 119 at around 110% so I stared making little adjustment to the west hoping to see 110, but it never came. The other strange thing is I have the 2 cables from the lnb on the 110 side (right) on the Dish500 bracket and I can pickup 119 just fine, when I move it(cables and lnb) over to the 119 side (left) I can't pickup anything.

Is there something stupid I'm missing, should I just call and have an installer come over, would it be worth upgrading to a SuperDish???

Thanks,

Craig

upgrading to the superdish won't help out unless it's required for locals in your area. If you haven't replaced the sw-44 yet, i would reccommend doing that....but instead of wasting money replacing parts that may not be bad a tech may be a good idea for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)