Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
I'm Going to point my Dish this weekend.

What are the strongest channels available on G10R?

What are your favorites on G10R?

Thanks,
Cegarrett

Just one more Question?

I notice Horizontally and Vertical polarities can my Universal LNB do both or am i going to have to twist the LNB 90 degrees to switch between them.

I know this is a stupid question but I just want to make sure before I point my dish this weekend.

I have an invacom Single LNB (Not the Quad)

Remember to skew your lnb once you get your dish pointed at G10R. I'm not sure if its clockwise or counterclockwise or the amount of degrees, but you'll definitely have to skew it since G10R is not your true south satellite.
Some of the experts here can surely help more than me.
Good Luck!

My favourite channel on G10R has to be the RTN station WNGS 11720 Vertical, Symbol Rate 27690. It is the hardest to adjust for maximum signal as the dish satellite next to G10R causes a lot of interference with this frequency. Once you have peaked the dish for the frequencies mentioned in Iceberg's post, try peaking on WGNS and your other transponders on G10R should not loose any Quality level. Remember that it is Quality level to use to peak your dish, not the signal level. Once you have found G10R make extremely small adjustments. You can not make too small of an adjustment. Once you think you have it adjusted perfectly, (and the bolts are snugged down) try pushing on the dish without loosening the bolts to verify that it is indeed peaked as far as it can be. Push and hold up, then down, left, then right. And as scupmando has mentioned, remember to also skew your LNBF, and peak the skew as well. Also remember, the Invacom SNH-031 is a universal LNBF, so set yor Local Oscillator frequencies to LOW 9750 and HIGH to 10600. You will find that if you do not have a really good meter or a spectrum analizer, that a small TV by the dish is great to have to adjust the dish. Be very carefull if you take a TV, or other electrical equipement outdoors not to shock yourself.

WNGS Station on G10

Larry1 said:
My favourite channel on G10R has to be the RTN station WNGS 11720 Vertical, Symbol Rate 27690...

Larry1 I scanned in a Channel WNGS at 11720 V 27718 (Not 27690) is this the channel you're talking about?

Larry1 said:
Yes WNGS is the station, same frequency but I have it listed as SR 27690. Are you getting a picture and sound with SR 27718?

Yes I've got 42-43% quality on that Transponder

I've also got 5-6 transponders at 85-90% so I think I did O.K.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Which raises the trick question; Just how many FTA channels are on Galaxy 10R???

I've managed to get 19, which I thought meant I needed some serious alignment work on the dish, until I found myself pulling in 70+ channels on 119 ( yes unfortunately all encrypted but at least something from a bird just a few degrees over ) which makes me wonder what kind of problem I really have.

You might go in and edit that tp to 27690 (or somewhere in between) to see if it improves the signal quality. If it does not then you can just re-edit back to 27718.

Cold Winter said:
Which raises the trick question; Just how many FTA channels are on Galaxy 10R???
I seem to be getting 40. Have a 36 inch dish. I get all of the channels listed in Icebergs sticky "I've got a FTA setup....Now what can I pick up." If you haven't seen this yet, you should check it out. Seems to have all of the FTA channels.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)