Strong signal but no quality from bad LNBF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rax

Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
United States
Hello guys

I found directv dish(slimline) installed backyard When I moved. and I thought it would be cool if it works with my own FTA satellite receiver which is X2 premium HD, but one of my buddy said the lnbf may need to be replaced for working properly. so I ordered one from satpro.tv. and it just came in yesterday. The lnbf I got is 'Zinwell dual LNB' called directv 18. I've tested the wire connection though, The signal comes in from the dish& LNB is over 70% high in usual(the satellites I was aiming is G 18,19) but the quality of the signal always indicates '0' even if the setup has been correctly(I think). so no channel comes in.
The receiver worked before. and the wires have no problem. then what else can cause this?

Does anyone have any idea on this or what has been setup in wrong?

Thanks

I have a feeling that LNBF will NOT work for FTA - G19. As it's most likely circular polarity and wrong L.O. An exact model would be helpful. Or the specifications on it.
For FTA, the LNBF needs to be Linear Polarity. Operating frequency range 11700 to 12200. Local Oscillator (L.O.) 10750 or a Universal type with L.O. 10600/9750

Fat Air.

Thanks I assume my purchase went wrong for this. Let me see what's gonna happen once I replaced it to new one has right specs. anyway I'm getting learn how FTA work here. :) Thanks again

HThe signal comes in from the dish& LNB is over 70% high

the signal will show that even if you are not aimed at anything. The signal strength is just that there is a connection to the LNB
signal quality is what you are looking for

I have a feeling that LNBF will NOT work for FTA - G19. As it's most likely circular polarity and wrong L.O. An exact model would be helpful. Or the specifications on it.
For FTA, the LNBF needs to be Linear Polarity. Operating frequency range 11700 to 12200. Local Oscillator (L.O.) 10750 or a Universal type with L.O. 10600/9750

I'm wondering if This one I would like to get works.
The model is 'Viewsat VSLNBL'

Thanks everyone!

a quick google shows a standard LNB

LINEAR DUAL LNB FSS SATELLITE
KU-BAND LNBF
STANDARD, DUAL OUTPUT
VIEWSAT # VSLNBL
Works with all linear polarization Ku Band Satellites

Features:

RF: 11.70Ghz / 12.20Ghz
IF: 950Mhz / 1450Mhz
L.O.: 10.75GHz

Gain: 55dB

Noise figure: 0.5dB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)