Strong TP on Galaxy 17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Used to be able to lock to 3840 H within seconds on Galaxy 17 but now I cant seem to find any signal on my 6ft dish. Could anyone point out a strong TP on this satellite so I can keep trying?

I give up. No signal on anything on Galaxy 17. Changed cable, no go. Tried signal meter on small KU dish - works well. Bought a new C/KU LNB and tried to get KU on Galaxy 17 - no go as well. This is a tek2000 6ft dish and I am clueless what I am doing wrong...

A 6' dish is very undersized for most C-band, but it should lock on G17 4000 H 30000. A combo C/KU LNBF will not work well on an undersized reflector. Better results if using a dedicated C-band LNBF.

What is your install location?

Fixed or motorized dish?

Is the LNBF installed with correct skew rotation?

What C/KU LNBF port is used for C-band?

Does the combo C/KU LNBF have a built-in switch? Standard or a Universal KU band LO?

Direct connect with a single coax run or through a DiSEqC or 22KHz switch?

What receiver brand/model?

Is the LNB power set to Auto 13/18Vdc?

Check the voltage from the satellite receiver out at the dish (13 on vertical TP/ 18Vdc on horizontal polarity +/- 10%)?

What brand/model satellite meter?

I am in the Toronto area. I use SATLINK WS-6926 satellite finder. I had signal before winter and i am not sure what happened now. I got Norsat 3220 LNB but I couldn't get any signal on that LNB so I locally purchased a cheaper LNB which had same signal readings when I tried it in the summer. I use the port on the small box on the side of the LNB.
2jrYz3j.jpg

EGLy7Tc.jpg

Smpi9x7.jpg

ajrNtXs.jpg

V4jZpQI.jpg

Except as Catamount noted above, everything could be correct for a dish aimed due south with the dish parked at the top of the arc. If this is not a fixed dish or you are aimed at a satellite other than one that is directly south of your install location, then the LNBF should be skewed. 91w from Toronto would be CCW 12 degrees skew (as viewed while standing in front of the dish, behind the LNBF). The port is correct and the meter settings other than the TP are correct.

I am not familiar with this LNBF model. Is the pointer aligned with the vertical probe or the horizontal probe? I know that this has been an issue with past installs resulting in the skew being incorrectly set 90 degrees out of rotation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.