stuck on 678 error screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Allamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Here's the setup, 2 721, one 508 running off a dish 500 hocked to a dpp44 switch

Both the 721's use a separator and the one 721 upstairs, also the longest run from the dpp44 takes 15+ minutes to reboot, sometimes getting stuck for good on the 678 screen.

I use all RG6 cable, but could this be caused by a bad cable somewhere? I also read that the dpp44 might need longer stingers, but the single meter shows fine when in the System Setup, as does the switch.

Just tonight I swapped out the basement 721 with the upstairs one, and that almost cost me my Tuesday shows, as the one that was Downstairs had no problems till I moved it tonight. It was stuck on the 678 over 5 times rebooting, 15+ minutes wait time between reboots.

Any1 thing of anything else to test? Could the separator be bad? Thats the only thing I have yet to try.

Also, the reason this is such a big deal is, the 721 upstairs would lose its PVR listing(not the shows, just the listing) After a reboot the recordings would show up again. This would seem to happen when a timer fired well it was recording another show.

thanks for any input on this

-steve

The 721 is one of the most inconsistent and touchy receivers Dish ever made. On paper it seems soooooooo good. In practice it's a bear.

I know this current software release is creating a lot of problems. You may be experiencing some of that.

Well thanks for you thoughts guys, so far so good, as i haven't had a crash again.
Since it's in the basement, it doesn't get used as much now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts