stuck on 678 error screen

Allamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Here's the setup, 2 721, one 508 running off a dish 500 hocked to a dpp44 switch

Both the 721's use a separator and the one 721 upstairs, also the longest run from the dpp44 takes 15+ minutes to reboot, sometimes getting stuck for good on the 678 screen.

I use all RG6 cable, but could this be caused by a bad cable somewhere? I also read that the dpp44 might need longer stingers, but the single meter shows fine when in the System Setup, as does the switch.

Just tonight I swapped out the basement 721 with the upstairs one, and that almost cost me my Tuesday shows, as the one that was Downstairs had no problems till I moved it tonight. It was stuck on the 678 over 5 times rebooting, 15+ minutes wait time between reboots.

Any1 thing of anything else to test? Could the separator be bad? Thats the only thing I have yet to try.

Also, the reason this is such a big deal is, the 721 upstairs would lose its PVR listing(not the shows, just the listing) After a reboot the recordings would show up again. This would seem to happen when a timer fired well it was recording another show.

thanks for any input on this

-steve

The 721 is one of the most inconsistent and touchy receivers Dish ever made. On paper it seems soooooooo good. In practice it's a bear.

I know this current software release is creating a lot of problems. You may be experiencing some of that.

Well thanks for you thoughts guys, so far so good, as i haven't had a crash again.
Since it's in the basement, it doesn't get used as much now :)