Stuck with Dish waiting for Foxnews. They have failed their promise. See ya.

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
They finally figured out how to remove FoxNews from me. I was promised Foxnews HD but never got it. Got Foxnews SD for a while on HD only package. I had regular FoxNews up until today. It is now gone as of today. And so am I.

Looking forward to DirecTv and the ability to access and program my DVR with my cell phone. I can do that now with my slingbox solo over the internet, but I won't need internet access to do it with my cell phone.

Go DirecTV!!!

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com weeks ago. They never answered. So screw them.(and I was civil in my email) So now I am not so civil. I have stood by Dish for too long waiting for them to deliver their promises.

Screw 'em

Laterz.

Ronald,

It's truely sad for the decline in Echostar's customer service when that causes Dish to loose a customer like yourself.

At least there's a DirecTV forum here as well, so no need to be a stranger.

Good Luck on your new service. Let us know how it goes for you from time to time.

I am sure you will enjoy DirecTV Ronald, but go with FiOS if you can get it in your area.

You know, I would have said that as well, but after reading some of the horror stories about billing and DVR/equipment issues on other boards I'm not quite sure FIOS is ready for prime time.

The funny thing is that Charlie should be cleaning up now: his DVR is so clearly superior to others that even I recognize it :D and FIOS is maddening in the pace of their expansion. It takes them a long time to negotiate agreements with municipalities and even then our condo complex is waiting almost 6 months from the time we reached an agreement with them to do the wiring to even start the process.

If all the providers had roughly the same channel offerings then Charlie's DVR could easily be the difference, but for whatever reason he seems to be plowing his advantage into the ground by trying to acquire new markets at the expense of retaining or even attracting existing, higher paying subscribers (i.e. adding more national HD). He just seems to have adopted the strategy of cutting his programming costs down to the bone to weather this storm. Of course this is just my take and he may yet prove to be correct but many people won't care; they'll just leave for the provider that offers them the channels they want.

Last edited:
Keeping up their current practices, Im sure youll see another qtr of sub decline.

Im personally not going anywhere because I only need Disc, TLC, Hist, SciFi Food and HGTV. My current plan is the cheapest way to get it.

If D* woulda given better plan options, I would just left their dish up, but paying $80/mo for a few channels is ridiculous.

I've been faithfull to dish for several years, but at this point I wonder why I stay. Expecially when other providers have HD channels we've been begging for but still don't have. For instance, Uverse just got ESPNU HD. One I've been wanting since it was launched. I'm sure you all have your favorites too.

Evidently Dish will add the Bloom, KS locals in HD before they add any more national HD.

Evidently Dish will add the Bloom, KS locals in HD before they add any more national HD.

What annoys me is that Direct hasn't exactly been burning up the national HD, either. Only the telcos (and to varied degrees the cable cos.) have been adding new national HD chanels in any significant quantities.

I sent an email to ceo@ weeks ago. They never answered.

Very few people get answers from that any more, because when people put an email address up on the web, it is harvested by spam bots, and the address gets deluged with spam, and they are forced to use extreme measures that also remove a lot of real email messages.

It is not the responsibility of every one of thousands of SG members to know that, it is the fault of the mods and admins on this site who do not have a strong policy to immediately change email addresses so they are not links, such as:

ceo _AT_ echostar _DOT_ com

I get the feeling a lot of subs will be leaving if DISH doesn't wake up and add new HD channels to their TurboHD packages.

Perhaps, but I think I;d just switch to a classic pack. Not counting the initial discount, the next comparable DirecTV pack would be $77/month for me, not including at least $100 in up front equipment. The pack I;d go with Dish is only $56.

Good for you Ron. You earned your money and if you don't believe you're getting your money's worth, you have every right to take your business elsewhere.

Maybe if Dish would wake up instead of Charlie blaming the sins of the world on everything + piracy, they will start to take better care of the vast majority of viewers who pay the bills.

I'm seriously debating switching or at least cutting back to as small a package I can get and still keep the HD LiLs I have. I sort of feel like I've really been compromising my soul for a better HD-DVR.

And that's really all it is. I have 2 other options, both of which carry more of the HD channels I like plus, if I go cable, the PQ on both HD and SD is better.

I just haven't been sure I could give up my 622s for SA8300HDs (they really suck) but events with Dish have pushed me right to the edge.

The FNC-HD fiasco is one of the most blatant examples of Dish greed trumping customer satisfaction I've seen in a while and although I know I will be giving up some things, I'm not sure I want to continue bailing out a company that puts greed so far ahead of people. Our government's already doing enough of that for me.:) (no political bias to either party intended)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts