Stuck with old X4 mapping, now what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

azcoder

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Prescott, AZ
I need some help to get the new X4 map that starts at X4-201 and goes to X4-941. I programmed X4 at the W5 location. My X4 map starts at X4-100 and goes to X4-856. The DMX music is at X4-820 to X4-856. I started with a channel count of 4977 on W5-603 and 4933 on X4-216. My TDT was/is 1776. I have a 920 new in 2000 and had programming (Denver Stations) until 12/24/2010. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Went to W5-603 (Gospel channel with color bars). Removed X4 programming (Via Opt 644). Unplugged the unit, waited 30 seconds and plugged it in again. After about an hour, I programmed in X4 (via Opt 644) at the W5 location. W5 channel count was 4930 and the X4 channel count was 4886. The X4 map was still the same as before. Start at 210, end at 856, music from 820-856. I removed X4 again.

2. Decided to change provider stream from 4096 to 4160 anyway. Did options 67780 to reset and verified as zero using option 605. Went to W5-603, did a hit. Hit count went to 5. Let it sit there overnight. In the morning I had a guide with 18 entries:

W5-409 G1-5 W4-504
W5-603 C4-660 W4-505
W5-640 C4-801 W4-608
W5-710 GB-10 W1-20
W5-730 G4-15 W1-300
C3-13 W4-16 W1-400

3. Reprogrammed in X4 and went to X4-216 and let set for a while. Several more guide entries were added for X4, but the guide looped on itself from X4-603, X4-640, X4-644, X4-710, X4-730, X4-201, X4-603, etc, etc. So, I left the receiver on X4-216, pulled the power again, repower unit and waited 30 minutes. Went to W5-603, removed X4 programming, and reprogrammed again. Still the old map.

4. Removed X4 programming again. Used G0 map to program at W5 satellite position. Per instructions, G0-10 did not have DC2 light, but G0-13 did, so I used G0-13. The Channel count was 4798. I unplugged the unit, waited 30 secs, pluged in the unit and let it set for 30 minutes. Right after power on, the channel count was 4512. After a few minutes, it was up to 4538. After an hour I tried to program X4 again. The old map was still there.

So, here I am stuck. I have a X4 map, but it does not match SRL channel assignments. I get part of a guide. I might get more if I leave it on X4-216 overnight with X4 programmed in. What now?

It sounds like you may not be on X-4 satellite. I remember seeing the color bars on W-1. That is one satellite east of X-4. You may want to check your polarity settings. You may only be getting one polarity. X-4 channels start at Ch-201 and there are not any channels below that. It is mapped that way. You can't get 1-24 on the X-4 bird. Music is in the 900s for sure. On the W-5 bird, you can get the 1-24 and should see many DC II channels locking. That is a good way to tell.
Good luck!

It sounds like you may not be on X-4 satellite. I remember seeing the color bars on W-1. That is one satellite east of X-4. You may want to check your polarity settings. You may only be getting one polarity. X-4 channels start at Ch-201 and there are not any channels below that. It is mapped that way. You can't get 1-24 on the X-4 bird. Music is in the 900s for sure. On the W-5 bird, you can get the 1-24 and should see many DC II channels locking. That is a good way to tell.
Good luck!

Well the color bars are on W5-603 (GospelG). I do not have any color bars on W-1. W1-400 is Adult Contempory and W1-751 is also visable. W5 has lots of DC2 channels, all saying no subscription. One good thing with all the messing around, the channel count on w5 is now 4670 and 4626 on X4. Even though it is the wrong X4. On the other side, T7 has open channels on T7-799 (SBN) and T7-798 (enlace TBN). So, still need help with X4.

I am still trying to figure out some sequence to have the new X4 map loaded. I tried disabling the Ku band. I then tried G0-13 and W5-216 for over an hour each. Then tried to reprogram X4, but it is a no go. I also tried to program in X4 as it is and leave it overnight to see if I could at least get a full guide. I only get the "mini-guide" as specified above with about 6 X4 channels added. Does anyone have something else I can try without doing a master reset? I am about at my limit.

I am in the same boat apparently. I have been trying to convert since Monday with no success at all. I called Skyvision but they have not called back. This is the last day of my programming on W5 so sure would have liked to get it converted today. I put X4 in back in December when it was advised so that isn't the issue. I guess the wrong map is in and I have no idea, like you, how to change that. I hope someone replies to your plea as I am stuck too.

Well I tried a couple of more things. I mapped G9-1 at 105. Unmapped W5. Went to G9-1, did Opt 67781 and tuned at 1340. Did a power cycle, waited 30 minutes. X4 map was unchanged. The tile for W5 was gone! Removed programming for G4 thinking old Ku X4 might still be a problem. Went to G9-1 again, channel count was 4333, did a power cycle again. Did Opt 67781 and tuned to 1340. Waited 30 minutes, channel count was at 4305. And the G4 tile was gone! X4 was still there, but wrong values. I feel like I am in quicksand. I keep getting in deeper and deeper. Now how do I get G4 back? Isn't it built in on the 920? So I will leave it overnight and see what happens.

You guys have more company; my 905 can't get the right map either. I also see an issue with high channel count. So I continue to hold out watching to see if anyone finds a way around this. Won't MR my receiver, I get occasional amusement from generics. If no solution after a couple weeks without programming it may be time to get a 410 and slave it. Dave

What receiver are you guys talking about? Has anyone tried the "Options 6. 7. 7. 8, 0? You won't see any change in the screens but it is supposed to clear the provider key. You may need a re-hit after.

When I set up my 922, I first went to W-5 bird and did the options 6,7,7,8,0 and then programmed in the X-4. Called and turned on a package. Had a few minor issues but after a power cycle, things seemed to straighten out.

Also, you may want to trick the receiver and chose a c-band only LNB in the installation menu. Then , if all goes well, return to your previous setting.

Just another useless suggestion.

Some 4DTV's seem to be stubborn with the conversion still. From what I know a MR will clear it up. If the memory is corrupted by a high channel count or TDT count there are issues. It's too bad some people didn't follow the steps I posted on my site prior to 1/4. I did my best to inform everyone and still update the site at least weekly with new info. http://www.themusicworkshopchicago.com/4dtv/index.html Now without any data on G1-3 you cannot currently get those maps back. I don't think Comcast will ever support them. Some may have to deal with a crippled 4DTV with only X4 and the stock tiles until 4play TNG makes a breakthrough. Things are slow because we lack the equipment and funds to go full speed ahead. It will remain this way until something changes. We are still assembling the team and have looked into what we have access too. If all in the team could quit their jobs and dedicate all the time to the project with unlimited funds and equipment things would be different but in reality it is as is for now. If anyone has some spare 4D's they wish to donate for testing or anything else we can use please contact us here 4Play The Next Generation I hate begging but we can use all the help from the 4DTV community we can get. It will pay off on the long run.

Thanks again, TvroPro.

BTW Programming info was updated on the 4D site this week.

Some 4DTV's seem to be stubborn with the conversion still. From what I know a MR will clear it up. If the memory is corrupted by a high channel count or TDT count there are issues. It's too bad some people didn't follow the steps I posted on my site prior to 1/4. I did my best to inform everyone and still update the site at least weekly with new info.

I did follow the instructions prior to 1/4 plus your latest conversion instructions. It still failed for me. Then I followed the instructions at Skyvision with no success either. I have been reading everything on this site for the last few months and try to keep as informed as possible. Will continue to do so and hope that something will come along which will enable me to convert. That or Skyvision will finally call me back and be able to help.Until then, I'll just enjoy the freebies and FTA.

What receiver are you guys talking about? Has anyone tried the "Options 6. 7. 7. 8, 0? You won't see any change in the screens but it is supposed to clear the provider key. You may need a re-hit after.

When I set up my 922, I first went to W-5 bird and did the options 6,7,7,8,0 and then programmed in the X-4. Called and turned on a package. Had a few minor issues but after a power cycle, things seemed to straighten out.

Mine is a 922. I have the correct provider in, and it says X4 is C band, I checked to make sure, thinking perhaps that was the problem. I guess I could try changing it to C band LNB only, couldn't hurt anything. Thanks.

I did follow the instructions prior to 1/4 plus your latest conversion instructions. It still failed for me. Then I followed the instructions at Skyvision with no success either. I have been reading everything on this site for the last few months and try to keep as informed as possible. Will continue to do so and hope that something will come along which will enable me to convert. That or Skyvision will finally call me back and be able to help.Until then, I'll just enjoy the freebies and FTA.

Did you get the proper X4 prior to 1/4? Is your channel count under 4800 and TDT less than 1920? Doing a soft boot usually gets the proper map in there if the above are good.

Skyvision is very busy and will hopefully get back to every one who called in. If it still won't convert who knows it may just be a lemon receiver. In that case if a MR don't work you need to look into getting another IRD. I'm sorry your having such problems. Theres not much more I can suggest here on sat-guys. I would have to step through all the diagnostics of your receiver and see where there may be an issue. That is impossible on a forum.

I been trying since last year but my 905 doesn't want to flush out the old X4. Maybe because I had KU subs back when and watched it a lot.
Didn't know about channel count, especially for a 905 till about 2 weeks ago.
Will keeep watching discussions a while to see if those with old tiles and high channel count convert successfully w/o a MR.
BTW Anybody have experience with the ebay seller with multiple 410's for sale @ $50. May go that route.

Some 4DTV's seem to be stubborn with the conversion still. From what I know a MR will clear it up. If the memory is corrupted by a high channel count or TDT count there are issues. It's too bad some people didn't follow the steps I posted on my site prior to 1/4. I did my best to inform everyone and still update the site at least weekly with new info.

I know you tried, but I among others are stuck with an old X4 map and saying 'we shudda' is not going to help solve the current problem. I have a good TDT of 1776 and now a channel count of 4305 on G9-1. I have tried about everything, and can not get X4 to the new layout. I went through the soft reset again and am letting my unit set on G9-1 for a few days. I do not want to do a master reset. If you can come up with something new, I will give it a try. BTW, I am an very experienced assembler & C programmer, so I might be interested in giving a hand on your 4play mapping project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts