Stuck with XM??? I want to convert!!!

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I love my Pioneer car stereo DEH-P7600MP. It does MP3's, has a nice organic display... but is XM ready, not Sirius ready. This happened because I bought this head unit before everyone went to the "Satellite Ready" era we are now in - where a head unit will accept either XM or Sirius.

My problem is - I subscribe to Sirius and I want to continue to do so - right now I have an external turner with a display that transmits the signals to my FM tuner on the Pioneer. Its not really convenient... I'd like to know if there is a converter for my Pioneer that will allow me to hook a Sirius tuner to it instead of XM.

Yeah... but that tuner only connects to Pioneer radios that are "Satellite Radio" or "Sirius" ready... which mine is only XM ready... this won't hook to my radio (that I know of) --- if I'm wrong, please tell me!

do you have rca jacks??? Sirius does have a "home kit" it also has a wireless connector built in..you can set your stereo to a specific fm frequency and set the sirius to out put the same frequency..and it works

yeah... right now I have the XAct unit - with the build in FM transmitter and that is how I'm using it with my Pioneer... what I'm trying to do is eliminate the FM tuning part - the sound quality is just not as good... plus, you still have two units with two displays and two remote controls... trying to get it to just one.

The answer is yes! At least, if you can find the right adapter. I had a Pioneer head unit installed in my vehicle a couple of years ago that was also "XM Ready." I needed to be able to hook up my MP3 player, and was delighted to discover that Pioneer offered an adapter that plugged into the XM port and terminated in RCA plugs. Then (with another adapter to convert RCA to mini-stereo plug) I could connect my MP3 player and listen through the AUX input on the head unit.

I decided to go with that because I didn't think I would be interested in satellite radio. Turns out I was wrong. Now I have the Sirius StarMate plug-and-play radio, and a ready port on my head unit to plug it into--just what you want.

Sorry, I threw the box away a long time ago. I can't give you a model number, but it was manufactured by Pioneer. I had to go to a specialty car audio store (chains like BestBuy didn't have it). Try one of those, or contact Pioneer directly. What you need IS out there, somewhere!

This does NOT solve your problem of two displays and two remotes, but it will get your signal into your speakers without crappy FM modulation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts