Stumped can anyone help me out?

zsmith79

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Texas
Let me try to explain this without being confusing. We just moved to a new home in Newark, TX and I installed the Dish500 yesterday it took me forever to get locked on to a signal but finally did only to find out that I am locked on to satellite 119 and 129 only not 110. This is what i don't understand I am locked onto satellite 119 with 37 percent signal strength but I have 67 percent signal strength on 110 but it will not lock it in it just stays red. Therefore i don't have local and some of the other channels that are in the package. Any suggestions?

I think that you need to move the dish left by about 10 degrees. Use the DishPointer to help set the proper elevation, azimuth and skew. Run a check switch to verify that you are on 110 and 119.

If you are doing a self install without any pointing equipment other than the receiver, it can be tricky. Very, very, very small movements can have huge effect on signal strength.

Turn the dish 10-12 degrees to the left and raise it 2-3 degrees.

You are seeing 119 with the 110 lnb and 129 with the 119 lnb.

Check Swith?

Ok first thank all of you for your help but I think i figured out why it wont pick up satellite 110 and hope i didnt screw up to bad. OK while we were trying to find the signal the other day my wife ran a check switch while i had signal but it was still not locked in and it asked us to save the new settings and she did and since then we cant lock onto sat 110. I was out there just a little bit ago and moved the sat back to the left and was on sat 110 with 84 signal strength and she ran a check switch again and asked her to save so she did and it only locked on sat 129 now. no matter what signal strength i get on sat 119 it wont pick it up same as it was doing to me on the 110 sat yesterday. So now I'm stuck with four channels in the 9000 channels...lol...I could really use some help. Did we make a mistake saving the check switch results and if so is there a way to reset it? Its like we updated it to only pick up the satellite that had signal and erased its memory of the 110 and 119 sat so no matter what signal I get. Hopefully that isnt confusing.

Disconnect the coax from the dish and run check switch again and save results. This will clear the check switch data and disable the LNB switching logic which is messing with you. Reconnect the dish coax to LNB port 1, cover the 110 LNB with aluminum foil and find the 119 and adjust for max signal. Uncover the LNB, run check switch and you should be good to go.

Let me try to explain this without being confusing. We just moved to a new home in Newark, TX and I installed the Dish500 yesterday it took me forever to get locked on to a signal but finally did only to find out that I am locked on to satellite 119 and 129 only not 110. This is what i don't understand I am locked onto satellite 119 with 37 percent signal strength but I have 67 percent signal strength on 110 but it will not lock it in it just stays red. Therefore i don't have local and some of the other channels that are in the package. Any suggestions?
You are eligible for a Dish Mover Install. Please take advantage of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts