Stumped

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine worked fine until I hooked it in to a Philips HDMI switch with my AZUltra.Shortly after that,few days, the HDMI quit working and it was making interference out of the line out video.Disconnected the switch and everything else was back to normal except the HDMI was dead on the V7.

I hate that. I've done firmware updates on other electronics, and it always seems to create more problems than it fixes. When I first got into FTA, I bricked a couple of receivers doing updates and had to send them off to get them back up. Apparently the manufacturers don't think things through when writing the software for their products. I've seen the same problems updating the CMOS and motherboard software on certain computers.

Reactions: Titanium
If the HDMI output did not work after the update, I the understand that the video default output is set to PAL (50hz) format and your TV may not be multi-format capable. Set the Video output to a NTSC (60hz) setting (i.e. 720p60 / 1080i60 / 1080p60, etc.) that is compatible to your TV and the video should display.

That's what I like about Titanium. He's always on the cutting edge of technology. He seems to be able to offer a solution to many things. Nice to have him around for reference.

Think of the HDMI port as an expensive fusible link. Most HDMI failures that I have repaired on STBs were a SMT component on the HDMI output. Likely the failure is due to system grounding problems and the HDMI cable is often the only path to ground. Used to see this problem on the RCA ports when they were popular connection type.

I use a thin 20 gauge braided bare wire to connect between all of my electronic devices (similar to the grounding wire on legacy turntables). Use the grounded HTPC chassis as a central bonding point and attach a braided wire to each components chassis (STB, router, TV, microcell, etc.).

Follow the PCB trace from the HDMI port and you will likely find a failed capacitor or transistor. It is amazing how quickly a 5 cent part can take down a piece of gear!

If the HDMI output did not work after the update, I the understand that the video default output is set to PAL (50hz) format and your TV may not be multi-format capable. Set the Video output to a NTSC (60hz) setting (i.e. 720p60 / 1080i60 / 1080p60, etc.) that is compatible to your TV and the video should display.

Do you have any idea why the V8 Golden would break up on the LAFF MUX using one dish, and doesn't on the dish in the living room? All I did was unhook it on one dish and hook it up on the other and it's been working perfectly. Never saw that before. :wtf2

The difference between the dishes is the LNB. There may be a slight frequency drift on one and not the other. Just enough to lose signal. Try blind scanning with the dish that doesn't pick it up and see if it will come in.

The difference between the dishes is the LNB. There may be a slight frequency drift on one and not the other. Just enough to lose signal. Try blind scanning with the dish that doesn't pick it up and see if it will come in.

I am running dual output Titanium LNB's on both dishes. I tried scanning it again, with the same results. I also have some channels on 97 W that went berserk back in the fall, THIS, The Caribbean Chanel, The Puerto Rican Channel, and Fox 5. Fox Five is back up and working fine, but the other three had such a drop in signal that they're still out. I've watched those channels for a year and a half on the 7 1/2 foot dish, and never had a problem. It happened gradually losing a little signal at a time until they stopped locking. They come in on the 12 footer.

Sounds like the downlink lost power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)