Stupid 811/148 Work Around

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
For those of you who have the infamous 811/148 "conn" bug. I have found a work around that will allow access to CBS/HD without bypassing the switch.

1. You need to have easy access to your Dish 500.

2. Cover the Dish 500 LNBF with foil. Leave 148 uncovered.

3. On the 811 go to the signal strength menu and choose sat. 148 transponder 01.

4. Run a check switch.

5. After the check switch all switch positions now read "conn".

6. Exit back out of menu's.

7. You should now see only channels available to you from 148.

8. You can now remove foil from step 2.

9. When you are done watching CBS/HD just run a check switch again. You will see 119/110 again but loose 148.

I'm only posting this for those who have something they must watch on CBS/HD and are willing to go through the hassle. Let's all hope Dish releases the software fix this week and makes this thread irrelevant.

NightRyder

I emailed Dish tech support this week end and asked them what they intended to do about the 148 problem. I figure I have been paitent enough.
What's it been 3 weeks now?
Will post the reply when I get one.

Nghtryder, The key word in that workaround is "work". For me, it would be easier to bypass the DP21 switch that goes to my 811. :)

Thank goodness they're going to fix it this soon. (Oddly, I'm not holding my breath on the "soon" part.)

GaryPen said:
Nghtryder, The key word in that workaround is "work". For me, it would be easier to bypass the DP21 switch that goes to my 811. :)

Thank goodness they're going to fix it this soon. (Oddly, I'm not holding my breath on the "soon" part.)

Yeah, when I was typing it in images of duct tape and bailing wire kept running through my head :)

In my case the dish is only a few steps out the back door but my DP34 is mounted in the crawl space.

I cornered the Dish install guy while he was at my neighbor's house Saturday. He called Dish and inquired about the time frame for releasing a fix. They told him it would be released no later than 3/27. But I'm with you, I'll believe it when I get it ;)

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts