Stupid Person asking Questions(Part 2)

What does Dish anywhere do for me?(I have no interest in watching the the contents of my dvr on my cellphone while on a train etc).
DIsh Anywhere gives you almost all the functionality of a Joey without the monthly fee and if you travel, it's a great way to have Access to your Hopper - as long as it's connected to the Internet - which is how I used mine on a Firestick connected to Hotel WiFi. I have customers who use it in lieu of a Joey in rooms where TV is rarely watched, like guest rooms

You can watch Live TV, set recordings, access recordings and watch On Demand

Is there a list of channels available via dish anywhere? The link I posted earlier in this thread must be wildly inaccurate as it lists Roku(among others) and not many channels for live tv.
I understand locals are limited-how do I find out which,if any, of my locals are allowed?

Is there a list of channels available via dish anywhere? The link I posted earlier in this thread must be wildly inaccurate as it lists Roku(among others) and not many channels for live tv.
I understand locals are limited-how do I find out which,if any, of my locals are allowed?
Honestly the easiest/fastest way is getting the app on your phone and connecting with your Dish account, it’s a free service to any regular (dunno about commercial) customer on any package and you will see exactly what’s available streaming since the 622 is on your account now. Here is a screenshot of my phone, the green wave thing next to the channel number indicates internet stream, and is the only type of channel that will appear on your guide without sling capability
9037890A-81F4-412C-BEB6-724EA4948F8A.jpeg

Once Dish Anywhere connects to your Hopper3 you can bring up the Guide and select any channel in the Guide, or bring up recordings from your DVR. Basically it replaces a Joey without the monthly fee.
Of course you can also stream On Demand content which is independent of your Hopper3 and comes directly from the providers. I believe the channels in Livestream are dependent on what channels you have in the Dish package you are subscribed to.
I mainly use it to access my two Hopper3 receivers while using my exercise bike in the basement.
Once logged in at home DishAnywhere uses your home network so it does not count against your internet usage unless you are doing Livestream.
Once you get used to the menus using your Firestick remote, it is just as easy to use as a Joey.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So I ordered a firestick-should be here in a few days.I took a look at the channel list on my phone-saw zero locals.The list appears to be in alphabetical order.Did not see my stations that begin with 'W"-I live in VT.

So I ordered a firestick-should be here in a few days.I took a look at the channel list on my phone-saw zero locals.The list appears to be in alphabetical order.Did not see my stations that begin with 'W"-I live in VT.
I believe there's a little confusion on what you receive with Dishanywhere...You Must have a hopper 2or 3 because they have the sling built-in and connected to a good internet to receive your locals with Dishanywhere...When you are a subscriber and don't have one of those receivers you are only going to receive a generic list of channels available to everyone that is in the Livestream list on the App.. Once you have the hopper you will receive all of the channels in the "All"section of the guide

Last edited:
Reactions: HipKat and tanman
I believe there's a little confusion on what you receive with Dishanywhere...You Must have a hopper 1,2or 3 because they have the sling built-in and connected to a good internet to receive your locals with Dishanywhere...When you are a subscriber and don't have one of those receivers you are only going to receive a generic list of channels available to everyone that is in the Livestream list on the App.. Once you have the hopper you will receive all of the channels in the "All"section of the guide
Aha!Thanks

Reactions: charlesrshell
All this info I've been getting has been very useful.
It got me to really thinking about what the issues are so I could discuss them with Dish.
I'm thinking now I may have a LOS issue-but there are issues with that theory also.
One more thing-I had bilateral hip replacement on July 20th so getting up on a ladder is not possible.Not looking for sympathy just setting expectations as far as what I can do.I can go outside.
Here is a picture of what we get on an intermittent basis.Gets unwatchable with any rain.What took me a while to realize is the problem is only on 61.5

Attachments

• pixelation.jpg
    pixelation.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 78
Years ago I had a similar issue.A dish tech recommended I take down an interfering cedar tree.It fixed the issue.This is what we saw after we took it down (but before next action.)The tree we took down was to the right .

Attachments

• treesbefore.jpg
    treesbefore.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 82
Lastly Dish setup.It's a really convenient place as I can get snow off easy.I paid for dishpointer app but obviously I cant get next to dish.Plus how do I get it to take a picture of the satellite and sky?
Do LNB's sort of fail on just one satellite?Ok that's it for now.

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)