Stupid Question % LNB / AT9 Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Directv is coming back to install a 5 LNB dish - I currently have a 3 LNB and just had a HR10-250 w/ HI-DEF programming installed last Friday. When i talked to Directv today they wondered why the tech didn't install a 5 LNB dish and wanted to know if i noticed a difference with the HI-DEF channels ? My stupid question is : Are the 5LNB and AT9 the same dish ? Why do i need a 5LNB vs. a 3LNB ?

Not a stupid question if it hasn't been explained to you, so GOOD question!

AT9 = 5 LNB = Ku & Ka band combo = Ka MPEG4 (HD LIL for now) & current MPEG2 reception (all others for now) Miami DMA is online now for HD LIL so it should have been the default install.

PhaseIII dish = 3LNB = Ku only = MPEG2 only

Last edited:
Also, that HR10-250 box will not be able to see the new Spaceway Ka satellites (99 and 103) so you wouldn't be able to get your HD LIL channels with it. You will need either an H20 MPEG4-capable box or if you want a DVR I believe the HR20 is coming out this fall they are saying?

-Dan

johnml said:
Directv is coming back to install a 5 LNB dish - I currently have a 3 LNB and just had a HR10-250 w/ HI-DEF programming installed last Friday. When i talked to Directv today they wondered why the tech didn't install a 5 LNB dish and wanted to know if i noticed a difference with the HI-DEF channels ? My stupid question is : Are the 5LNB and AT9 the same dish ? Why do i need a 5LNB vs. a 3LNB ?
It wasn't on the workorder probably. I get that from Subs all the time. How come I am not getting a 5lnb dish. If it not on the order it won't be installed.

grydlok said:
It wasn't on the workorder probably. I get that from Subs all the time. How come I am not getting a 5lnb dish. If it not on the order it won't be installed.

The question should be, in this subs situation, Why did D*'s reps not have it on the order.
A short while back it was pre determined that every one would be gettingthe AT-9 after that perticular date.

Is this NOT the case ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
The question should be, in this subs situation, Why did D*'s reps not have it on the order.
A short while back it was pre determined that every one would be gettingthe AT-9 after that perticular date.

Is this NOT the case ?

Jimbo
That is the 1million dollar question.
The AT9 is only installed with a H20 upgrade or MC when the customers have an older HD ird.

grydlok said:
That is the 1million dollar question.
The AT9 is only installed with a H20 upgrade or MC when the customers have an older HD ird.

After seeing what you replied , I would imagine they saw that the sub did not have a MPEG4 receiver.....

Thats all I can figure.

I guess johnml could call and request one if he wanted it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
After seeing what you replied , I would imagine they saw that the sub did not have a MPEG4 receiver.....

Thats all I can figure.

I guess johnml could call and request one if he wanted it.

Jimbo

Yeah he could, I just hate when CSR's play dumb.

when i called directv the CSR wanted to know why a new dish wasnt installed and told me they were going to send the installer back out to do it ? i didnt even mention it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts