Stupid roofers....

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Well, I recently just went through getting new shingles put on the roof. There was strict instructions "DO NOT TOUCH THE SATELLITE DISH". Well, we know how well that didn't go.

I get home just in time to find him using a crow bar and hammer to remove the dish from the roof. :eek:

It was already too late. He bent the crap out of the base plate. So, of course, not much I can do about it but complain. Anyways, a few days passed and I acquired a new base mount.

I rehung the dish on a different part of the house so this way it's not physically attached to the roof anymore. I spent the better part of the day trying to figure out why in the world I could only get 85 signal on this thing.

I tried everything. I just couldn't get anywhere higher. Ok, so on to information. This is the dish for the 61.5 sat. The 110/119 is sitting on the side of the house and didn't get touched.

So, I know theres no obstructions. no trees, no nothing. The dish says 500 on it. The LNB is dp single with 2 connectors. It is using a "Y" yoke.

Would it make a difference if I got the single yoke and removed the "Y" yoke? I checked the actual dish and it's not bent. Just the base plate got bent and that got replaced. The holder is dead level all ways around. Any information for me?

Last edited:
Transponder 12 was the one I used.... I believe it was 12545V on the fancy signal meter.

On my 501 it says 44 with the msg signal has been modified. On my buddies fancy signal meter it says 90/85.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)