Stuttering and Pixilating Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

saguaro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Oro Valley, AZ
HOPPER WITH SLING. Watching satellite or OTA channels live works OK with no problems. But, when I try to watch a program I’ve recorded, it starts OK- then pixilates, stutters, stops… and maybe starts again. Then it repeats its stuttering, to the point where it’s unwatchable. This happens with older recordings and also with newly-made recordings. I have done all the re-sets, unplug and restarts—and all diagnostics show as OK. Usually when it sputters I immediately re-set it and wait; then the recording will often play all the way through. DISH shipped me a replacement receiver and it installed and updated OK. Then the same thing starts all over again. With the several phone calls I’ve made to DISH they have transferred me to at least three advanced technicians who put me through all the same steps I have taken. I keep getting the same pixilations, stuttering, and stopping. And all of my recordings are unwatchable. What could be the problem, and how does it get fixed?

I have a similar problem when watching on my Joey but does correct itself with a hopper reset. Not sure if it's firmware or bad hopper3 but I need to call but I honestly hate dealing with dish over the phone.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
HOPPER WITH SLING. Watching satellite or OTA channels live works OK with no problems. But, when I try to watch a program I’ve recorded, it starts OK- then pixilates, stutters, stops… and maybe starts again. Then it repeats its stuttering, to the point where it’s unwatchable. This happens with older recordings and also with newly-made recordings. I have done all the re-sets, unplug and restarts—and all diagnostics show as OK. Usually when it sputters I immediately re-set it and wait; then the recording will often play all the way through. DISH shipped me a replacement receiver and it installed and updated OK. Then the same thing starts all over again. With the several phone calls I’ve made to DISH they have transferred me to at least three advanced technicians who put me through all the same steps I have taken. I keep getting the same pixilations, stuttering, and stopping. And all of my recordings are unwatchable. What could be the problem, and how does it get fixed?

That is a tough one. If you didn't get a refurbished HwS with an identical problem as the first (marginal power supply? dying disk?), then I would guess some sort of power line problem. But either is a real stretch.

If I were you, I'd ask for a free upgrade to a H3.

"That is a tough one. If you didn't get a refurbished HwS with an identical problem as the first (marginal power supply? dying disk?), then I would guess some sort of power line problem. But either is a real stretch.

If I were you, I'd ask for a free upgrade to a H3. "

I asked for a new replacement, but got a refurb. I then asked for the free H3 upgrade, but I was told I didn't qualify for H3 as I only had one Joey for my second TV. Back to square one...

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Sometimes this is the result of low signal on the 129 - high def Satellite if you're on Western Arc or on both sats on Eastern Arc

HipKat, I've got good Western Arc signals on 110/118/119/129, and Strong/OK on all my local Tucson OTA channels. A couple days ago the tech couldn't find anything wrong and told me the "back office" (whoever they are) would be contacting me. So far... I've heard nothing. Maybe DISH SUPPORT can come up with something. It's 110 degrees in Tucson and I'd hate for any installer/tech to spend any time outside here. But, for the past week I'm paying for an inoperable recorder/player on my refurb Hopper replacement.

• Sad
WE started getting the pixelations and stuttering over our 4k joey and now our ota recordings sometimes sound like they are under water. This started last week when we got the latest software for the Hopper3. My wife is so mad she wants to go to cable. I said no cable, but when our commitment goes out we will go to Slingtv or Philo and just keep our Tablo for ota networks. So next year will most likely be the last year with satellite.

• Sad
I gave up and paid for the locals. Same problems as you guys have. With the sat. locals I have never had to reboot again. No matter what other people say everyone's Hopper can't be bad. It's a software problem with the dual tuner. Same Hopper single tuner module never had to reboot.

Reactions: DJ Lon and TheKrell
Even though I get good OTA reception on all my locals, I pay DISH for the Tucson locals anyway. That way I get the up-to-date program schedules.
All of my recordings (even from my EHD) from any channel, old or new, from OTA or DISH, are still unwatchable. Even after two or three reboots.

I think Hopper's software version U739 is the problem. I can watch all of my recorded programs with no stuttering or pixeling on my Joey. It has software version U960. Unfortunately my Joey is in my cramped office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)