Stuttering/Freezing on NBC AMC 18

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
I seem to recall someone, somewhere, mentioning the MicroHD stuttering or freezing on NBC channels. I am also seeing that on the AMC 18 NBC West. I have watched a lot of Olympics (~3-4 hours/day) and every time I have gone to the West feed I find it stuttering/freezing. The other channels on that mux (East, Central, Mountain) do not do this. The signal quality on the mux is ~73%. Whatever is different about that particular channel (West) seems to have uncovered a Video decoding bug in the MicroHD.

I hope it is okay to mention the specific mux/channel I am talking about, if not, I apologize and please remove the following:

AMC 18 (105 W) 3781 H 30,000 DSVB-S2(8PSK) VPID=518 APID=764 PCR=518 FEC=3/4

DRCars

Sorry, the above PIDs were for NBC Central. The NBC West is actually V=520 A=784 PCR=520.

FWIW, this channel does not stutter on MyTheatre using Microsoft MTV DTV-DVD Video Codec but is jittery on Cyberlink PDVD 8 codec. Ditto for DVBViewer.

DRCars

We observe the stutter occuring infrequently on the West Feed VPID as well. It also occurs when using VLC on the PC when deinterlacing is active.

We have recorded a TS and will investigate what is different with this feed that the other VPIDs on this same MUX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)