Subchannel Discussion Thread

H&I is adding CBS series Numbers to its schedule. This is a very recent show for the subchannel (05-10). Could this be a sign of things to come with more recent series airing on H&I. CBS are partnering with Weigel to launch a contemporary-focused drama subchannel called StartTV? What's next early seasons of Law & Order/CSI?

Getting back to stations I have a Nexstar (KLFY) CBS 10 in Lafayette La with 1 1080 (CBS) and 3 480's (Get, Ion, Laff). KPLC out of Lake Charles with 1 1080 the NBC, CW is 720 and two 480's Bounce and Grit. KADN 15 Fox is the 720, NBC is the 1080 (via the low power KLAF), and a 480 the MNTV Acadiana, the owner said there is no likely in the future for another subchannel. KATC's 3.1 ABC and 3.2 CW are both 720p and the Grit is 480 (there were rumors stirring around about Cozi and or Escape joining but I have'nt seen any HARD evidence). 50 is a full power station has two 480's which are the MeTV (KLWB) and the Heroes 50.2 (Via Low Power KDCG 22.1)and 50.3 is silent while the DT4 and DT5 are Radio stations over the air. Which I think is dumb, thats what DT 11-20 on the main channel is for. As for additional channels for the Lafayette market I would'nt hold my breath....

RabbitEars.Info Another channel coming to KC area Action and Family Network because have already the other Luken Networks but could be a full power station.

Looks like it is called K23MS-D. Has a pending license but isn’t currently online. Where did you see the channel will be “Action and Family Network?”

Also, it will be less than 4 watts and it shows the tower location as Manhattan Kansas. Trip is this channel relocating its signal to Kansas City Missouri?

4323DF71-C05E-4A54-B761-1B85B62752C0.png

According to its Wikipedia page Tuff TV, along with its parent company Seals Entertainment Company, ceased operations on August 26, 2018. I know it was nothing but really cheap filler programming anyway, so nothing really.

I can see a local news channel. Our local Griffin channel has had a 24/7 news channel loop for years on cable and moved it to a subchannel when they went digital, but they control all the advertising on it. I can’t see that happening with cbsn. Moonves is too greedy to just let affiliates have it or share much of the ad time.

oh how bout that upset of #6 Texas.....

I see the problem now. You had mentioned this awile back when Griffin dropped ThisTV. The Laff/Grit/Bounce/Escape are on other stations already. Then with Me/Antenna/H&I also on other stations in the market Griffin really doesn't have much to choose from as for adding subnets maybe Get, Stadium, Start, Decades......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)