Subscriber limitation is 2 million or content jerked off SlingTV

I bet long before they get to 2 million they will negotiate a new cap. I would speculate it will take a few years before a 2 million mark is hit...

Reactions: TheKrell
They have some load issues for sure, as I have noticed it during The Walking Dead several times.

One wonders how you could have load issues with "only" 100K subs. Did Dish fail to size their servers for 2M viewers? Is somebody cheating and more than 100K subs tried to watch the game at once?

One wonders how you could have load issues with "only" 100K subs. Did Dish fail to size their servers for 2M viewers? Is somebody cheating and more than 100K subs tried to watch the game at once?
That is a good question. One would think that if they new the hard line was 2 million, they would have the capacity for that number, or at least half of it at launch.

Reactions: TheKrell
You have to wonder how many signed up for the free trial during the tournament. Even those with cable at home to just get to stream the tournament to their phones... I bet a lot of free trials do not get converted in 30 days...

You have to wonder how many signed up for the free trial during the tournament. Even those with cable at home to just get to stream the tournament to their phones... I bet a lot of free trials do not get converted in 30 days...

If I was in Vegas I would bet on it and would be a very rich man.

After the free trials are over we will see this as an epic failure.

I fully expected growing pains on this, and I guess that is what this is, but it is/was avoidable.

Good thing is, nobody is locked into a contract, and it should be an easy fix for them.

My experience with the Final Four games was the Duke/MSU game was unwatchable on TBS. Kept getting "Content not Authorized" every 5 minutes. I could reload the channel but it would pop up again. And that's not the first time I have seen that message, other times its just annoying, it happens once after an hour or so and its fine. But TNT was fine. It was the Duke Teamstream which wasn't ideal but I could still watch the game. So my experience wasn't as dramatic as others, the game was still able to be watched. Once the UK game (the one I really wanted to watch anyway ) came on they had fixed the issues and TBS was fine.

Yeah there are hiccups. But also we had some severe storms last Friday. In the middle of the storm while watching TV I turned to my wife and said "Dish would have gone out in this weather and here we are watching live TV". So yeah there are benefits (and yes I understand cable would have not go other either).

If competitors are able to handle this stuff this isn't going to end well for weaker services in this fickle no-contract world of ITV providers. No 24/7 support, cap on subs or loss of content, unable to support a fraction of subs tuning into popular shows... this is all going to come to a head if it's not all resolved by the time any competition is able to put together a competing product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)