Subtitle Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I am using an HR21 and HR24 set up with Whole House DVR unsupported version. I have noticed that certain shows that are recorded on the HR21 when we go to view them on the HR24 that the subtitles do not stream to the other room. This is happening on PBS Masterpiece Mystery and Antiques Roadshow. Subtitles work fine on the HR21 but just won't show up in the living room. I thought maybe it was an issue with streaming but other shows recorded on the 21 are streaming captions to the living room just fine. I thought I would put it out here since I am using the Unsupported ethernet solution instead of their official way. Also thought it was ironic since the Boston PBS station seems to be responsible for a whole lot of CC out there.

I am using an HR21 and HR24 set up with Whole House DVR unsupported version. I have noticed that certain shows that are recorded on the HR21 when we go to view them on the HR24 that the subtitles do not stream to the other room. This is happening on PBS Masterpiece Mystery and Antiques Roadshow. Subtitles work fine on the HR21 but just won't show up in the living room. I thought maybe it was an issue with streaming but other shows recorded on the 21 are streaming captions to the living room just fine. I thought I would put it out here since I am using the Unsupported ethernet solution instead of their official way. Also thought it was ironic since the Boston PBS station seems to be responsible for a whole lot of CC out there.

I'm presuming that you verified that CC is turned On on Both recvrs ?

Yea the cc works on the unit that originally recorded the shows. It also works with other shows. For some reason it seems to be just PBS programing which is weird to me.

n4uaj said:
Yea the cc works on the unit that originally recorded the shows. It also works with other shows. For some reason it seems to be just PBS programing which is weird to me.

If you've isolated it to only PBS shows, I would guess its not a recvr issue.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)