Subwoofer problem after HR20-100 DVR installed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgsvette

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Tonkawa, Oklahoma
Since I had a HR20-100 DVR installed, my subwoofer makes a booming sound whenever there is a channel change or the satellite is turned off or on. Had the subwoofer checked and it is good. Took my HR20 700 DVR from the bedroom and put it in place of my 100 and had the same problem. Did not have this probem with the H20. Have had one Tech and two electronic store people look at it with no solution. Anyone else with a similar problem or a suggestion? Equipment: Pioneer Elite PRO 800 Plasma -YamahaRXA 640 Receiver - Definitive Technology PC60 Speakers - Monster Power AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer - Monster Power HT UPS 1000 - Monster Power HTS 3600 Power Center - Denon DVD 2200.

Since I had a HR20-100 DVR installed, my subwoofer makes a booming sound whenever there is a channel change or the satellite is turned off or on. Had the subwoofer checked and it is good. Took my HR20 700 DVR from the bedroom and put it in place of my 100 and had the same problem. Did not have this probem with the H20. Have had one Tech and two electronic store people look at it with no solution. Anyone else with a similar problem or a suggestion? Equipment: Pioneer Elite PRO 800 Plasma -YamahaRXA 640 Receiver - Definitive Technology PC60 Speakers - Monster Power AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer - Monster Power HT UPS 1000 - Monster Power HTS 3600 Power Center - Denon DVD 2200.

I ASSUME you are referring to the sub that comes with the PC60, yes? You have of course checked all speaker connections making sure they are tight and polarized correctly. Does the sub have a polarity switch? Did you try reversing the power cable on the dvr? How about eliminating the voltage stabilizer? That might help. I seriously doubt it is doing anything helpful anyway. Good luck and keep us up on any progress.

Yamaha receiver must have subwoofer gain at max to do that. Maybe you have a bad digital audio line from sat to receiver and compensated by increasing receiver subwoofer output. Yamaha subwoofer needs to be set in menu so it knows it has one for the LFE.

I ASSUME you are referring to the sub that comes with the PC60, yes? You have of course checked all speaker connections making sure they are tight and polarized correctly. Does the sub have a polarity switch? Did you try reversing the power cable on the dvr? How about eliminating the voltage stabilizer? That might help. I seriously doubt it is doing anything helpful anyway. Good luck and keep us up on any progress.

I think it's a case of the HR20 takes longer to find the channel is all and when the Sub doesn't see a signal it shuts down (briefly as it is) then when the channel pops in the sub fires up and your hearing the sub firing up.

I bet your H20 doesn't take quite as long to change channels ...
Try changing your "Native" mode see if that helps at all.

jmo,
Jimbo

I think it's a case of the HR20 takes longer to find the channel is all and when the Sub doesn't see a signal it shuts down (briefly as it is) then when the channel pops in the sub fires up and your hearing the sub firing up.

I bet your H20 doesn't take quite as long to change channels ...
Try changing your "Native" mode see if that helps at all.

jmo,
Jimbo

Good thought, Jimbo. That just might be it!

Thank You for your suggestions. Have been on the road and back home now so will try these helpful tips. I have a feeling my problem may be in my Yamaha receiver. Many thanks!

Replaced my Yamaha 640 with a 661 and problem is solved. Thanks again for everyones replies. Really thought it was a satellite receiver problem but was wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts