Success!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
After many highs and lows, along with great support and patience from fellow forum members, I finally got my set up to work. I ended up elevating the dish to 24.5 and adjusting the altitude on the motor to 38.0.
Set the receiver to 97.0 sat. Nothing. maxed the volume on the TV so I can hear the tone and rotated the motor on the mast...Success! Never thought a signal tone would sound so good. :D
I'd like send kudos to Brian over at Satellite AV for all his help. The Wife was about to list the package on Craigslist... :(
I'd ike to hear from other members in the Sacramento Valley regarding Sat's that they recommend capturing.
I can't say enough how happy I am to finally get 'there'.

Thanks again for all of your patience during my frustrated posts.

Mark
Sacramento, CA 95831

Last edited:
It is a great feeling when you lock that first bird isn't it.

Happy ness is getting your first satellite signal. Sadness is when you go to look at that signal and its in a language you can't understand.:D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Wanted to publicly thank Mark and his lovely wife for the wonderful and unexpected gift.... French wines! No need for such a wonderful gift, but it is so appreciated!

I enjoy helping folks with the hobby. If it wasn't my job, it would still be my favorite hobby! Glad that we could help you get started in FTA. Now it is time to enjoy! :D

English Speaking Channels

Just did a scan of all satellites, giving me close to 2000 channels.
The only English speaking channels I have found are religion based.
I am looking for the retro channel and news media/sports/movie channels.
Is there also a previous thread regarding obtaining OTA thru the dish?

Thanks!

Mark

Retro channels are found on 87w C Band...Theres-a lot...
I've been watching C band 118.8 They have a pretty good retro mux...

Sports are everywhere You just gotta look. Theres been a lot of Olympic feeds on 89 & 97.

To get OTA you need a receiver like a Sonicview 8000, which is probably one of the best but, it's not a good FTA box. For todays times IMO you need a box that can decode DVB-S2 & blindscan. You are waisting time & money as a hobbist without one, but thats just me.

My OTA is on a different source on my TV. I'm use to it that way

Theres a gold site supporter that sells a great little box for $125
Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

Retro TV, PBJ and Tuff TV are at 87w KU AMC9 along with some NBC feeds. 99w has CCTV and CCTV Documentary, PBS channels are on 87w and 125w.

Check out Ebru on 97w. Becoming one of my favorites!

Well I'm going to assume we are looking for Ku stuff. So for starters; NBC feeds on 72W, Luken Channels on 83W, LPB on 87W, Punch on 95W, RT,Aljazeera,PressTV on 97W, PBS MUX on 125W. Some 20 channels all English, no religion :)

Retro TV, PBJ and Tuff TV are at 87w KU AMC9 along with some NBC feeds. 99w has CCTV and CCTV Documentary, PBS channels are on 87w and 125w.

Check out Ebru on 97w. Becoming one of my favorites!

This is weird...

I just did a blind detail scan of 83w K AMC9 and it received 15 channels. 14 are $Ch-
And then I have 280 alternate channels that did not show in the search, such as Qatar TV.
These 'other' channels always seem to show up, regardless of an individual sat search.
I notice that after doing a satellite search and exit! then go into list, the motor does not move, when I am sure that the dish is not pointed at the new sat yet....

Mark

This is weird...

I just did a blind detail scan of 83w K AMC9 and it received 15 channels. 14 are $Ch-
And then I have 280 alternate channels that did not show in the search, such as Qatar TV.
These 'other' channels always seem to show up, regardless of an individual sat search.
I notice that after doing a satellite search and exit! then go into list, the motor does not move, when I am sure that the dish is not pointed at the new sat yet....

Mark

Try a factory reset of your receiver, as it appears from what you've said that your user data file might be corrupted somehow.

I'm about a 3 hr drive South of you and I like the KU BAND NEWS channels on 97W that are in ENGLISH, like CCTV and RT. I also like the old westerns on River something or other on that same sat.

72W has one TP that includes four NBC channels. They are feeds, but are pretty consistent including NBC, WX Channel, etc.

When I go to TP list, under AMC9 there is 4060MHz 26666Ks/s H
but in lyngsat the TP window is 11735-12180
is that MHz?
Sorry for the dumb question (again)

Mark

Sounds like you are selecting 83w C AMC9 satellite. Are you sure that you are selecting 83w KU AMC 9? Remember, C-band is the larger 7 - 10' dishes and KU are typically the medium sized dishes like you currently have installed.

Be sure to activate USALS in the Motor / Switch Setting screen to tell the receiver how it will be receiving each of the activated satellites. One USALS is selected for each activated KU-band satellite, the motor will be instructed to move to a calculated position whenever that satellite is selected in the installation menus or a scanned channel is tuned in the channel list.

I'm about a 3 hr drive South of you and I like the KU BAND NEWS channels on 97W that are in ENGLISH, like CCTV and RT. I also like the old westerns on River something or other on that same sat.

72W has one TP that includes four NBC channels. They are feeds, but are pretty consistent including NBC, WX Channel, etc.

Not sure about the NBC channels. On 72w the only channels I get are PBJE, TUFE & RTVE.
I tried a detailed scan, but still only getting those 3. I get some fails in the scan.
Slowley making progress though.

Mark

Not sure about the NBC channels. On 72w the only channels I get are PBJE, TUFE & RTVE.
I tried a detailed scan, but still only getting those 3. I get some fails in the scan.
Slowley making progress though.

Mark

Those channels are on 83W KU NOT 72W, so you better check your system again, as it's off to the East by 1 satellite! 72w is East of 83w...

Also another channel to watch is the pentagon channel on 101w that channel is not that bad.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)