Sudden Lost of Sat Signal on 119 and 129

after this incident, my 622 is acting wacky. It keeps on rebooting itself and I can't pick up some of the hd channels like espn2.

I have been having this problem as well with my 622 after all the sats went out. I finally cleared the switch matrix and re-ran check switch. All seems to have settled down now. Disconnect your sat inputs on the back of the receiver and run a check switch. Hook you sat inputs back up and run check switch again. This clears you switch matrix and should get you back to normal.

Hence my comment not to run switch test or anything.. If the sats are out your switch test will just make things worse for you.. Wait till all is back up again before getting frisky with the test.. In most cases things will just come back up normal. However if you have already run the test, you will have to do it again when the sats come back or you will be missing lots of channels on your guide

yep, figure as much at the time...i didnt take exact note of the pop-up i got, but i got the check switch screen when changing channels, tried to cancel and got a pop-up that would not let me exit. so i ran check switch test. got the same pop-up telling me there was a problem with the switch that would be required to be fixed before i could resume watching programming (paraphrasing). i rebooted. got the check switch again. ran it, and got the guide to download with only the 110 channels.

i then logged onto satguys, which i knew i shoulda done all along, but i'm me...i cant help F with stuff, even though i knew it was gonna turn out to be a problem that wasnt just with me.

Can't wait to hear the explanation on this one.. Oh yea, this is Dish.. They won't even admit they had a problem. They will blame it on the installer.

we're such a bunch on dweebs! wonder if the Time Warner or Comcast, etc customers panic as much as we do when we lose service for 8 minutes? i know, i know, cable is localized and this was national...but still... :)

Usually when we have a local weather issue, the signal strength will show something, just real low.

In this case signal strength showed zero. That was unusual so I went to make sure my antenna was still attached. After verifying it was still attached, and noticing no heavy rain cloud in the line of site, I figured it was an uplink site issue with weather. There were some fairly nasty storms rolling through yesterday evening across the whole country.

I have been having this problem as well with my 622 after all the sats went out. I finally cleared the switch matrix and re-ran check switch. All seems to have settled down now. Disconnect your sat inputs on the back of the receiver and run a check switch. Hook you sat inputs back up and run check switch again. This clears you switch matrix and should get you back to normal.

I'm still having some issues after the outage. I'll try this procedure. Thanks for posting it.

Smart!

For those of you that are still having problems, clear the switch matrix. Even though it was recommended not to run check switch early in the thread, not all receivers got the signal back like they should.

Smart!

For those of you that are still having problems, clear the switch matrix. Even though it was recommended not to run check switch early in the thread, not all receivers got the signal back like they should.

I was still having issues as well. Followed above procedure and I am back in business!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts