SuddenLink Pulls All Viacom Channels As Negotiations Fail

Viacom channels pulled and Suddenlink adds new channels.

Expanded Basic channels added in my area. SD AND HD
FXX
OWN
HALLMARK
PIVOT
SPROUT
THE BLAZE
UP
WE

New Digital Tier Channels
ASPIRE
COMEDY.TV
BABY FIRST TV
CRIME AND INVESTIGATION
ESPN GOAL LINE/ BUZZER BEATER SD AND HD
FUSION
GAMESHOW NETWORK SD AND HD
MGM
MILITARY HISTORY
REVOLT
RFD
RLTV
SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL

I saw the message of a channel lineup change at my girlfriend's house and figured it was a dispute and came here to find the info. We thought about switching to satellite at her home before this dispute. I wonder how long this will be? It might have made the decision easy.

Kudos to Suddenlink, Viacom has basically turned the bulk of the channels dropped into redundant garbage. The additions are not that exciting but at least it is something different (FXX has some recent movie releases, by that I mean younger than my 7yo).

I was called yesterday for a survey by Suckenlink. But couldn't really give them many of the answers they were looking for as I only get net from them. I've been seeing adds by Viacom tell people to switch providers. Well in this area that means you need to go to Dish or Direct. I think it's rather funny and glad to see someone other than Dish have these kind of issues. If a Dish or Direct installation companies in this area are smart they will start running extra ads on the local channels.

I applaud Suddenlink for taking a stand.

Chances are this will last for a week or two and the channels will return.
Your gut feeling failed on this one. One month now and I see no hope of these channels returning to Suddenlink anytime soon. My town/college is all Suddenlink except for those blessed with a satellite. College students are pissed! Kudos to Suddenlink though. IMO CC/Epix & Palladia is the only channels worth a darn from Viacom. This Dish Sub is more worried about TNT/TBS atm.

Suddenlink Customers May Never See Viacom Content Again

Since last October, Viacom and Suddenlink have been engaged in one of many retransmission fee disputes, resulting in not only Suddenlink TV customers losing Viacom channels -- but Suddenlink broadband customers being blocked from watching any online Viacom content whatsoever. Usually after a lot of very public whining the two sides reach a confidential number they can agree on, but in this case it appears that Suddenlink customers may never see this content return.

Full article: https://secure.dslreports.com/shown...ers-May-Never-See-Viacom-Content-Again-132765

Jerry Kent (Suddenlink CEO): Viacom Return Unlikely
“We’ve moved on,” Kent said in an interview. “We have replaced the channels with some really high-quality programming from Disney, Discovery, Fox and Hallmark.” The Suddenlink chief didn't completely shut the door, though. "If Viacom would come back to the negotiating table and give us attractive rates for those channels we want to carry, we would be happy to [carry] them," Kent added.

See more at: http://www.multichannel.com/news/ca...m-return-unlikely/388321#sthash.y1OrgQvu.dpuf

Viacom is probably afraid to come back with "attractive" rates because everyone else would want an "attractive" rate as well. Eventually if more providers do the same Viacom will have to adjust the pricing of their channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts