Suddenly can't see part of the scene

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
We watch Family Feud a lot.
Suddenly, tonight, the right edge is no longer visible.
I know this because, at the end of the show, the view includes a score board.
Now we cannot see the second digit in the right hand column when it is a 2-digit number.
Three shows in a row (re-runs always) had the problem.

This has NEVER been a problem before, and we watch this every night--several shows in a row.

If the problem is with other shows also? If right edge is not visible only to that specific program?

That is extremely hard to say. I notice it on that program because there are multiple times during it when a "score board" is shown (always the same view) as the contestant answers questions. The score board has the column showing results on the right side. For a LONG time, hundreds of shows, we were able to see the results. Then suddenly one day, either both numbers or the units digit are off screen right. it is as if zoom in has been very slightly increased.

But, on normal scenes, there is no way to detect whether you are slightly zoomed in or not. Think of it this way: if someone handed you a DSLR camera, and you looked through the viewfinder at a random scene , could you tell if it was zoomed in a TINY bit more than it was last month? No. Only if you were looking at exactly the same scene as you had before, from the same spot, and with a reference line of some sort in the scene near the border.

A new piece of info on this one. The TV involved is a 4:3 nonHD TV. On that show, if I switch over to the HD channel, it changes into a letterbox on THIS TV, and the full width is viewable, showing the column of numbers I have been talking about. Image is smaller of course due to full width of the scene showing on the same width as before.

The strange thing is that we used to watch the show on the Sd channel and COULD see all of the numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)